Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WED'ZE

Poster: A snowHead
Am I wasting money on these http://www.decathlon.co.uk/boost-700-p-skis-id_8343473.html ? I have just started back skiing after some 20 years & my skiing style is 20 years out of date. In fact it might be completely wrong as I am 100% self taught. I can do most reds but prefer blues. I will be getting some leasons next season but I would prefer to be on constant equipment. I have a place in alps so transport is not an issue.
FYI 5'9" tall and 95Kg (I know)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Aren't they made by Elan or somesuch? Perfectly good ski although take a look at places like Ekosport for some deals too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wed'ze stuff is fine, and good value, as are most of Decathlon's products.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The bindings look very much like the Rossignol Axium adjustable track system
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was told some time ago that Wed'ze skis and boots are made by Rossignol.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As the end of season ski sales are in full swing, I would get something similar from a known ski brand rather than guessing who actually made these for Decathalon. You shouldn't have to pay much more either. For example:-

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/products/salomon-x-drive-80-skis--xt10-bindings-20152016/700504

If you look at the big online retailers, there will be loads of options at well below full retail price.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok thanks for tips on sales , would these fit my needs
http://www.ekosport.co.uk/rossignol-pursuit-12-ti-xel110-15-p-1-28343.html
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Or these
http://www.ekosport.co.uk/rossignol-pursuit-13-carbon-xel110-15-p-1-28342.html
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Or finally these
http://www.ekosport.co.uk/head-primal-instinct-bk-wh-16-salomon-l10-easytrak-blk-b90-13-p-M00022227.html
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
All 3 are about £140, so are they any good or are they toys
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonny996 wrote:
Or these
http://www.ekosport.co.uk/rossignol-pursuit-13-carbon-xel110-15-p-1-28342.html

They get a good write-up here - http://www.snowmagazine.com/ski-gear/955-skis/rossignol-pursuit-13-2015
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you haven't skied for 20 years then you will be blown away by how easily all these skis turn on piste. At £140 they cost less than 2 weeks hire, buy one or two and if you don't like them sell them on Ebay in January, just in time for half term when you will probably get 50% back.
I don't know any of these skis but read the reviews and see the reviews on Youtube, take everything said with a bit of salt. Make an accurate assessment of your own abilities check that they match the manufacturers skier profile and you shouldn't be to far out.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you get a chance pop through to Ellis Brigham at Braehead. They have a selection of demo skis that at this time of the year will be keenly priced. You can buy a ticket for Snow Factor and try them out. They'll let you pop back and forward to try different skis. Last June they were very helpful when my brand new Head iMagums got a core shot on a piece of sharp metal sticking up at the bottom of the slope. EB lent me a pair of Head Titans while they repaired my Magnums. Best of all they didn't charge me for the repair. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gaza wrote:
If you get a chance pop through to Ellis Brigham at Braehead. They have a selection of demo skis that at this time of the year will be keenly priced. You can buy a ticket for Snow Factor and try them out. They'll let you pop back and forward to try different skis. Last June they were very helpful when my brand new Head iMagums got a core shot on a piece of sharp metal sticking up at the bottom of the slope. EB lent me a pair of Head Titans while they repaired my Magnums. Best of all they didn't charge me for the repair. Very Happy

I think, if you try a set and buy, you may get the price of the pass back Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Best of all they didn't charge me for the repair

.....and your positive feedback on here will probably help them recoup the costs of your repair fourfold!!! Great customer service clearly pays for itself. Smile
latest report
@Jonny996, I rented that model of skis 2 separate weeks this season. First in Paradiski, when snow conditions mixed and again in 3V when snow very good. I thought they were excellent on piste. Not quite so good in ungroomed stuff. I ski all pistes, fairly hard, 5'11" and 85kg.
ski holidays
...sorry, in case any doubt, I meant the Wed'ze 700 Boost model you referred to in your OP.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy