Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Experience 80 vs 84

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
170 is about right for me and they do various packages with bindings starting at £292. Just bizarre that you can get the TPX version inc bindings for £250 at various places...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Be careful with Ekosport they often put stuff in a sale that they don't actually have in stock. They can then struggle to get stock and let you know after a few weeks. If they have stock, clearly no problem.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi all,

A quick update. I found an ex-hire set of the TPX variant in good nick for £185 delivered so I took the plunge and bought them. Figured that at that price I wouldn't lose much on them if it didn't work out.

They arrived today and besides a few cosmetic scuffs on the top sheet they are very good nick with no dings to speak of.

Off to the Chill Factor next week to try them out. Not a real test I know but hey it's May other options are £££!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
. . .I think you've made a good decision - these skis are floppy enough IMO with the TPX. . .they're also very easy on the legs so I'm sure you'll enjoy no matter what your weight . . .if not you've got a great excuse to drink beer/eat pies!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'll try and keep people posted.

@Belch I do my share of beer and pies and steak and pasta but seem to burn it off quickly with the cycling! Much to my wife's annoyance!! wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I finally tested a pair of 84s in 162cm at my local Chill Factore to see how they compared with the 154cm I hired on the slopes and have now bought a pair from Ekosport (in 162cm). I'm planning on having a set of Marker Squires fitted at the local Snow&Rock who were very helpful with the ski hire.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Finally got to try out my 84s. The first attempt had to be aborted because the piste basher was broken!😞

Bottom line: I really enjoyed them and think we're going to get on just fine. Even though I was there first thing the piste wasn't in very good nick. Half was set up with the hardware for playing and there were some decent ridges where the basher hadn't done its job on the part we were allowed on. The good thing was it gave the skis a bit of a test.

They coped with the uneven surface better than any other skis I've used. The thing that surprised me most was how forgiving they were. Given that they are touted as being for Intermediate to Advanced skiers I was expecting my flaws to be exposed but as @DavidYacht says they covered for me. 😄

Hard to judge the flex. That will have to wait until we head back to Alta Badia next season! Already booked. 😂

I'm one happy skier.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy