Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Hawx Boot - cuff alignment tool

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to have a play with the alignment on my Atomic "Hawx" boots - but looks like I need a special tool.

The boots have a 'Torx' bolt in the centre of the adjuster, with 2 small holes either side. So it looks like I need to loosen the Torx bolt first, then use a tool of some description which fits into the two holes in order to turn the adjuster. Needless to say, no tool was included in the box when I bought the boots.

Any ideas where I can pick one up (Google doesn't seem to throw-up much) - or if I can do it without the tool?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@abj, Looking at some pictures of the canting adjusters on Google, it looks like a pair of circlip pliers would be perfect for the job, if it cannot be turned manually.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@abj, If you would like the actual tool PM me your address and I will send you one.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Depends where you are in Middlesex, but a quick trip to Ski Bartlett would have this sorted in a couple of minutes.

You need either a proper tool (torx bit and circlip pliers would do it) or the Atomic little tool that comes with boots.

Failing circlip pliers, you might have some luck turning it with a pair of needle nose pliers, it isn't glued in or otherwise secured, so once torx is loose should be easy enough to turn.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys.

@gsb, very kind of you to offer to send this ... PM is on its way!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A tool came with my Hawx boots, think you retailer must have pinched yours!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've adjusted these before with a small screwdriver and a hammer when didn't have the right tool to hand. Works fine if you're not too precious about your boots.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the tool used to be supplied with the boots, Atomic saw that most other brands were not supplying tools so stopped about 2 years back. trouble is the tool they supplied was ok BUT it was difficult to adjust the setting AND get the torx screw tight enough without it moving,( that and 90% of people just chucked it out so it was a waste of money for them) We use a pin spanner and a ratchet with a torx head to make sure the adjustment stays where we put it and the bold is properly tight.

The shop where you bought the boots should set this up for you as standard, it involves standing in the empty shell on your footbeds with the cuff loosely closed, you are looking to have the cuff centered on your leg, cuff alignment is an accommodation, not a correction, if you reach the end of the range and you still have a bigger gap on one side than the other either a better footbed or true canting assessment may help you
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A big thank you to @gsb for sending me the tool ... it came just in time for my trip to Tignes last week, so I was able to faff/fiddle to my heart's content whilst I was out there.

As others have said - it is indeed possible to adjust the alignment without the Atomic gizmo - but it's a small, neat tool, which made life easy.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Your welcome.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy