Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Storage wax options

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@jedster,
I usually only have 2 options, warm and cold. I think it makes a difference, especially if it is warm.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jedster wrote:

As I don't race I don't rewax my skis based on the weather. Do many people actually do that?

I just use a wide temperature range universal wax - Dominator Zoom Lime. If the snow gets too warm and sticky (typical spring conditions with direct sunlight) then a quick wipe over with Zardos Notwax helps quite a lot. Otherwise this wax works well in pretty much any conditions I have encountered.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I usually only have 2 options, warm and cold. I think it makes a difference, especially if it is warm.

I'm sure it does make a difference - just can never see myself rewaxing otherwise well serviced skis because the weather has changed.

Quote:

I just use a wide temperature range universal wax - Dominator Zoom Lime. If the snow gets too warm and sticky (typical spring conditions with direct sunlight) then a quick wipe over with Zardos Notwax helps quite a lot.

yes - that's what I had in mind. Wax skis when they need wax and top up with Zardos if it gets sticky
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jedster wrote:

yes - that's what I had in mind. Wax skis when they need wax and top up with Zardos if it gets sticky

I've been doing that for a good 10 seasons now - basically since I started doing all my own ski servicing - and it's always worked well. If I get lazy with re-waxing (which is very often!) I just keep slapping on the Zardos and that seems to protect the bases pretty well. But Zardos works a lot better on top of a fresh hot wax as it soaks into the wax and lasts a lot longer.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy