Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sestriere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, We are thinking of going to Sestriere next week. Any info on this resort would be helpful . For example Are the Reds ok for 11 - 13 year old kids who have skied 3 times? They are used to French blue's and some reds? I've heard that the lift to Sauze can be closed quite often, is that a big risk?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rosanna1ellis@gmail.com, have you checked the resort is open?

Just that it often shuts a good few weeks before us here in Serre Chevalier, and six days ago on Monday we went to ski Pragelato just down from Sestriere and that was shut though the cable car was running that links in with Sestriere.

If Sestriere is open then it is worth going to as will be very quiet, and yes towards the end of the season then the lift links can be suspect, though they do try and keep the Sauze link open, but towards Claviere will probably be closed.

And in answer to your question yes there are some great cruising blues and reds.

And the only negative if looking at next week i.e W/C March 28th is forecast is quite "dank".
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that. We are going next weekend ie 2/3 April so it could be warmer still by then! It looks as if i should keep looking.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rosanna1ellis@gmail.com wrote:
Hi, We are thinking of going to Sestriere next week. Any info on this resort would be helpful . For example Are the Reds ok for 11 - 13 year old kids who have skied 3 times? They are used to French blue's and some reds? I've heard that the lift to Sauze can be closed quite often, is that a big risk?

It's a pretty gentle resort with wide open slopes that will be perfect for your kids. I would have no worries about the skiing being too tough. Italians like to ski fast on easy slopes whilst looking great, and Sestriere is perfect for this! wink The nice fun park with the beginner jumps is probably the biggest danger, along with hard snow in the early morning on the N facing slopes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think Sestriere is open until April 10th.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks again.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@rosanna1ellis@gmail.com, snow conditions should be pretty good, they got another 50 cm or so last week...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In Setriere now. Weather yesterday was glorious and the snow conditions just about perfect for this time of year and holding its own all the way into late afternoon. Just note that people were being advised to ride the gondola back down from the Sauze connection into Sestriere yesterday due to rocks on the piste down.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hywel wrote:
Just note that people were being advised to ride the gondola back down from the Sauze connection into Sestriere yesterday due to rocks on the piste down.

Always best to ride that one down from the mid station anyway as the last bit is very flat at the bottom.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great info. Thanks again. I'm hoping to book on Tuesday.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy