Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

AVOID LIME SKI SCHOOL LA PLAGNE is my advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, OP, looks like your partner did not behave that reasonably, and in fact is a bit wet, and was a bit of a drama queen. Looks like this thread didn't reall go your way.

BUT limesnowsports:

1) never tell a customer off in an e-mail, even if they are in the wrong. You basically are telling someone it is their fault that the situation exists - not great customer service at the best of times, and guaranteed to get them angry. You got involved - this is not personal, it's business. When she started to behave like a toddler, just repeat the apology, especially as no-one owed anyone any money.

2) Learn to use texts. If you get someone's voicemail in the mountains, assume they are going to have difficulty picking it up, and send them a text. Everyone above the age of 8 knows this.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know Danni from many years ago and she is a brilliant full cert ex British Team skier and has been in business many years. Over 10 years I'd estimate.
She and her company have my full support.
No payment
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The unfortunate reality of providing a service in a holiday resort is you just get people at their worst. You really do. It makes no sense, people are there to relax and have fun. But for some reason, holidays turn normally rational people into whiney angry people. I say this as many here know I used to run a department onboard big cruise ships and deal with passenger complaints every day (of which there are many, and they really do whinge about everything). I think it's because in their head, holiday means nothing to worry about. Nothing at all. Any inconvenience is basically a massive travesty that's completely ballsed up the whole holiday because it's essentially subtracted from the overall intent of worrying about nothing for the duration. This is why it becomes a bit irrational.

However - if Dani is reading this - take my word for this... don't try to tell your clients that they're in the wrong. No matter how true it is, don't try to reason with them that they've done something wrong. They will never ever buy it. You will just make them more irate and more convinced that you are at fault for being a bad person. Just sit there, have a coffee, and listen to them whinge. Say "yes" "I understand" "oh that's terrible" "yuh huh" "oh I'm so sorry" that sort of thing like an automated machine until they shut up and lose interest. Ranting people are like fires, the more fuel you throw in, the longer it'll burn for. Just let them get it over with quickly and they'll soon get bored.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dp wrote:
The unfortunate reality of providing a service in a holiday resort is you just get people at their worst. You really do. It makes no sense, people are there to relax and have fun. But for some reason, holidays turn normally rational people into whiney angry people. I say this as many here know I used to run a department onboard big cruise ships and deal with passenger complaints every day (of which there are many, and they really do whinge about everything). I think it's because in their head, holiday means nothing to worry about. Nothing at all. Any inconvenience is basically a massive travesty that's completely ballsed up the whole holiday because it's essentially subtracted from the overall intent of worrying about nothing for the duration. This is why it becomes a bit irrational.

However - if Dani is reading this - take my word for this... don't try to tell your clients that they're in the wrong. No matter how true it is, don't try to reason with them that they've done something wrong. They will never ever buy it. You will just make them more irate and more convinced that you are at fault for being a bad person. Just sit there, have a coffee, and listen to them whinge. Say "yes" "I understand" "oh that's terrible" "yuh huh" "oh I'm so sorry" that sort of thing like an automated machine until they shut up and lose interest. Ranting people are like fires, the more fuel you throw in, the longer it'll burn for. Just let them get it over with quickly and they'll soon get bored.

Totally what he said (in the bold bit). I had some people who were VERY shouty at me the other day for something that was totally nothing to do with me. I had to just let them shout. A bit later, they were nice as pie. Sadly, people are not on their best when they on holiday and have paid lots of money for that holiday. Also, my sister reckons most people have a little box on the mantlepiece that their brains get locked into when they set out on holiday!! Make it interesting for service providers Sad Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Funny, I always think of myself as laid back when I'm on holiday. Maybe it's a benefit of trying to travel on the cheap, when you're paying the bare minimum then you don't have expectations. Or maybe it's just because I really, really, really enjoy being on holiday and can't be doing with getting wound up.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@SnoodyMcFlude, some people most definitely are not laid back!! LOL But glad you are Smile Me too Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SnoodyMcFlude, are you sure or have you changed location? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@knackered knees, Very Happy Very Happy I only argue for fun though Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I decided to get out of the b2c business in dealing directly with the unwashed public after an unfortunate foray into importing and selling yachts. The breaking point was a call on my mobile at an inconvenient point at 7.00 am one Sunday morning from a customer telling me he had blocked his sea toilet and what was i going to do about it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Doesn't anyone think it's time that the opening title is altered, as it seems that the bad publicity for Lime Street School continues every time someone makes a comment!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy