Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Back on 'them'!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

So, it's my return to the slopes next week after a 2 year absence after having ACL reconstruction. Any tips or advice from those who have had similar.....?

Many thanks,
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just go for it, don't hold back and worry about your knee. Any pain or twinges will be in your head before your knee.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@barthez1980, the first time I was back skiing after reconstruction was two years as well (I inconsiderately fell pregnant causing my plans of going back 9months after to no go ahead!) it felt absolutely normal.

I presume you have got and are keeping strong the surrounding muscles?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NickyJ, well, luckily enough I don't have a pregnancy to contend with (being of the male variety!). Just lazy! Yes, I've been working on the knee in the gym since I had the op so, hopefully all is ok in that department.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
barthez1980 wrote:
Hi,

So, it's my return to the slopes next week after a 2 year absence after having ACL reconstruction. Any tips or advice from those who have had similar.....?

Many thanks,

Be very sure you fully rehabbed the knee after surgery.

When it comes to rehabilitation time is not a healer you need to have done the work.

If you are unsure get yourself checked out by a physio with experience in late stage rehab of ACL reconstruction.

If you rehabbed fully then you need to have done a" ski fit" preparation to reduce risk and increase ability to ski.

Jonathan Bell
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Jonathan Bell, are there any "ski fit" videos available?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@barthez1980, I think Jonathan might be referring to the Wimbledon Clinics return to ski program. As far as I know it is unique. Returning is not just about being "fit", it is about a whole range of things including your mental approach.

I approached it like starting to ski again (not entirely of course), and a good thing too, because I was really nervous about other skiers around me. I couldn't do anything quickly. The muscle memory takes a while to come back - it's there in your head, but not in your legs. So I found an instructor, got out on some gentler slopes and went through the basics for a day to gain confidence and work out what I was capable of.

Where are you going and do you know an instructor there that also knows you?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@barthez1980, it's on the Wimbledon Clinic face book page. Before every season they post weekly videos
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@barthez1980, it's on the Wimbledon Clinic face book page. Before every season they post weekly videos

Thanks . If anyone has suggestions for improvement please post or message me.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy