Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski touring the lyngen alps april 2017

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
a pictorial review of my amazing ski touring week in the norwegian lyngen alps this year , organised by snoworks and guided by ric potter of rpm guides
absolutely amazing part of the world and three powder days to boot
7000+m ascended in the week and worth every step for some amazing descents
"warning" inc dodgy photo of me for furfilling my promise to swim in the fjord if we had a blue bird pow day Toofy Grin

gifs upload
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I saw the video on the Snoworks all-mountain skiers page. Looked fantastic. Don't know how you got in that water!

Yours are the Mythic 97s with beast or radical tech bindings? I notice in the video some had frame bindings. I'd like to do a trip like next season and thinking about what setup is best.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Themasterpiece, without a doubt tech bindings ruled the up , we had rad2 and g3 ion , think 95-105 wide ski with tech is the way to go , we had fresh snow three days out of six and the up was steady as she goes . but with six straight days touring fatigue set in for the guys on the heavier set up sooner i reckon
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dabber, nice, (understatement) where was your "hut" or did you move around?

I've done five trips up there staying on different boats and always said that maybe another (and cheaper) way would be to base yourself somewhere like Lyngseidet and a few other places and just drive around looking at the map and snow!

That said on a boat enables you to go to the outer islands.

I'll always remember the runs to Lille Galten then off the back and up and around to Stor Galten, Little Pig and Big Pig I seem to recall.

Happy memories,
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Weathercam, stayed in some holiday huts in svensby ( where the ferry from tromso docks ) and then just used vans to get around , we had two vans giving us multiple options of where to ski out Happy and hitching back to the car was easy , got A lift first car past each time
great food and facilities, that said when I go back next year I'll be based in lyngenseit , found an amazing cabin right on the Dock ( pub 5m away)
All in was a reasonable week cost wise for the quality of food accom etc
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dabber, Looks awesome. Sticking Lyngen Alps on the bucket list!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@BobinCH, do it mate , you won't regret it , the spring snow is almost as good as in verbier wink but the base underneath is a lot smoother Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dabber, Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This got me reminiscing - first trip we did was back in 2004 and the whole Lyngen Alps thing was just starting.

Back then I was snowboarding using mini approach skis with just the Dynafit front binding and my soft boots had the lugs in.

One of the guys on the trip was a professional lighting camerman (pre digital days) and after our trips he'd edit a film for DVD - I uploaded it to Vimeo and still makes a really good watch due to the editing and production as well as the sound track, was the first time I'd ever heard of the Scissor Sisters, what comes of working in Soho way back then.

We did three days on the boat, then went down to Narvik for a couple of days then on to Riksgransen for heli.

So long film (this was pre YouTube days) and if you have nothing better to do this Bank Holiday Monday...

Lyngen Alps and beyond from Weathercam
https://vimeo.com/37420924
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well played 👏
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy