Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda when to go

Poster: A snowHead
The dates we have available are 20th January or 4th March. Which would you go taking into account snow history?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
4th March. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, I hope my opinion is accurate because I've booked from 23rd of Feb to the 4th of March. Happy

Any time during that period would be fine. Even with no snow off piste the pistes' will be great. They have great snow making.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
20th Jan - Quiet, but might be still be reliant on artificial...

4th March - might be 'Spring conditions'...

I'd take the longer days of March personally but just check that week doesn't clash with German or Scandi school hols or the whole place will be rammed

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 27-09-17 19:26; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for feedback - looks like 4th March Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
Well, I hope my opinion is accurate because I've booked from 23rd of Feb to the 4th of March. Happy

Any time during that period would be fine. Even with no snow off piste the pistes' will be great. They have great snow making.

Darn right - why do you think I nudged us to the later dates Happy Happy

That said the SR is stunning regardless of the date and the last 2 years of man made snow have been better than anywhere Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This Season will be our 20th year of visiting 'the valley'. For many years we went in late Dec when the kids were young. Now we do a 'lads' trip in the last week of Jan.
In the 20yrs, we've never been seriously let down by snow conditions. We've come very close and some weeks have been better than others. The last two years at the end of Jan have been exceptional, -10 or more below with solid sun and perfect snow.
Go for the 20th and have a beer with us. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
red 27 wrote:
20th Jan - Quiet, but might be still be reliant on artificial...

4th March - might be 'Spring conditions'...

I'd take the longer days of March personally but just check that week doesn't clash with German or Scandi school hols or the whole place will be rammed

+1 4th March. Could be getting softer in the villages, but the snow depths higher up and long sunny days would be glorious!

Don't forget a day in Venice on the way back!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mollerski wrote:
This Season will be our 20th year of visiting 'the valley'. For many years we went in late Dec when the kids were young. Now we do a 'lads' trip in the last week of Jan.
In the 20yrs, we've never been seriously let down by snow conditions. We've come very close and some weeks have been better than others. The last two years at the end of Jan have been exceptional, -10 or more below with solid sun and perfect snow.
Go for the 20th and have a beer with us. Madeye-Smiley

I don't know where 'the valley' is but I'm intrigued by this.
The week before Birthday Bash 2017 (ist week of Feb) there was almost no snow in or above Arabba - I know because (along with many others) I was anxiously watching the webcams
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
"...The week before Birthday Bash 2017 (ist week of Feb) there was almost no snow in or above Arabba - I know because (along with many others) I was anxiously watching the webcams ..."

I know because I was there ! ( Well in Selva snowHead ) :: Brown bits to the side of all pistes, but have to say, the 'artificial' was just fine..
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
^Yep! I was on the preBB week last year, and by god I had a good time on the artificial stuff. It was really impressive to see it nearly entirely skiable with pretty much zero natural snow.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes that is why i decided to try christmas there this year.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@essex, Didn't know you were doing Crimbo as well!!

Getting the liver ready?? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@PaulC1984, I think @essex, is only going at Xmas in order to liberate his ski gear ready for St Anton.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Need to talk to daniella and the mayor about group discounts and such NehNeh
snow report
@essex, not sure the Mayor organises the gang bangs...

Whens Tania due?
snow conditions
PaulC1984 wrote:

Whens Tania due?

Those two sentences together can get you in a lot of trouble Happy
snow conditions
@GlasgowCyclops, @PaulC1984, Well I guess it is 9 months since the BB, so then @essex, do you have some news for everyone???? Shocked

Paul Hurtle will be along soon as you've gone off subject yet again Very Happy rolling eyes
snow report
@GlasgowCyclops, @PaulC1984, Well I guess it is 9 months since the BB, so then @essex, do you have some news for everyone???? Shocked

Paul, Hurtle will be along soon as you've gone off subject yet again Very Happy rolling eyes
ski holidays
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
PaulC1984 wrote:

Whens Tania due?

Those two sentences together can get you in a lot of trouble Happy

Well someone had to be responsible..... Toofy Grin
latest report
Matrski wrote:

Paul, Hurtle will be along soon as you've gone off subject yet again Very Happy rolling eyes

Talking of news, haventer heard from Gru in a while. .....
latest report
@PaulC1984, he's ok he's coming to St Anton, winter 2019 is either Canada or Japan, You and Bob need to mark it in your diaries.

By the way everyone I would go to the sella Ronda in late Jan/Feb, but to be honest it is not possible to answer the question as it could snow anytime, so the odds are March will be as good/risky too, You can't really judge off the last few seasons slow starts. You pay your money you takes your chances.
snow report
Hmm, guess i should check in here more frequently 😉 is there not an alert when people talking about ya???
ski holidays
@essex, Nah, we rarely talk about you - its very repetitive. sex pest this, sex pest that, drink drink and more drink. Repeat. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

http://youtube.com/v/-e9Y023-mnc
snow report
ruthie wrote:
Thanks for feedback - looks like 4th March Very Happy

I've been w/c 10th MArch (or thereabouts) for about 4 years on the bounce 2012-2015 and generally had great conditions - sometimes there wasn't any off-piste but the pistes were great.
snow report
Going for the first time 22nd Feb to Canazei, currently bingeing on youtube footage. It looks EPIC! Canny wait.
latest report
Matrski wrote:
@PaulC1984, he's ok he's coming to St Anton, winter 2019 is either Canada or Japan, You and Bob need to mark it in your diaries.

Well there is Niseko in Japan and legendary off piste. But with a couple of days In Tokyo Happy
ski holidays
Roguevfr wrote:
Going for the first time 22nd Feb to Canazei, currently bingeing on youtube footage. It looks EPIC! Canny wait.

You will have a great time. We will be near there. Say hello.😀
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Roguevfr wrote:

You will have a great time. We will be near there. Say hello.😀
latest report
I'll try, twice.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy