Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: San Martino Di Castrozza, Trentino Dolomites, Italy (01-06 March 2016)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
jesus wrote:
This is indeed a great read with some lovely photos to back it up. What was the camera you used for the still shots?

Thanks.

Non-action stills
Canon 7D
Canon 10-18mm
Canon 40mm
Tamron 70-300mm

Action stills
Sony FDR1000v Action Cam - single frame grabs from 1080p 60fps video
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The next chapter

TR: Corvara, Marmolada, San Martino Di Castrozza, Trafoi, Dolomites, Italy (13-19 March 2016)
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2877769#2877769
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fantastic TR.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks PP
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mike, unsurprised given the date but the photos seem to have stopped loading???
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski wrote:
Mike, unsurprised given the date but the photos seem to have stopped loading???

Yeah. Facebook coding Sad

Try here please

1st San Martino TR
https://www.facebook.com/mike.richards.927/media_set?set=a.10153976841828624&type=3

2nd San Martino TR plus other Italian resorts
https://www.facebook.com/mike.richards.927/media_set?set=a.10154090912868624&type=3
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bit of a thread resurection Toofy Grin (not sure if it's a good idea or not, but this thread has some great info and pics, thanks @Mike Pow, so it seems better to carry on here than start a new one). I'm doing a bit of research for next season, planning on a change of scene for me and some other chaps. We're habituated to the Arlberg but I'm trying to break the habit.

* I love the Dolomites but have only skied Val Gardena and areas in easy reach of there. I like the look of the terrain in San Martino, but would it also make a decent base for exploring other areas or is it a bit too far out on a limb? We'll have a car and are happy to drive for up to 45 mins or so.

* Any thoughts on hotels? The Hotel Villa Aurora mentioned above looks good, idealy we go for single rooms if available. We're not after luxury, but we're too old to slum it in a hostel these days Smile Pool absolutely not required, but some sort of sauna is nice to have but not esssential.

* Thoughts on passes? I'm actually thinking we'd go with day passes and take each day as it comes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How many days are you planning?

I skied there 3 days and barely scratched the surface

SMdiC to Canazei is 1hr 10 mins

Same to Alleghe

Passo Rolle is linked to SMdiC
Didn’t ski there but looks good

San Pelligrino is just under an hour

Looks good for a couple of days

Go day by day or 2-3 days

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 19-03-23 22:55; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers @Mike Pow, We'd be doing the best part of a week. We might combine with elsewhere, depends a lot on if hotels take shorter bookings. One idea might be to visit somewhere on the way down like Nauders or Ortler.

How was the Villa Aurora?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sah wrote:
Cheers @Mike Pow, We'd be doing the best part of a week. We might combine with elsewhere, depends a lot on if hotels take shorter bookings. One idea might be to visit somewhere on the way down like Nauders or Ortler.

How was the Villa Aurora?

It was excellent

Big room
Great food
Great location
Free parking

The Ranch Bar for dinner and drinks

https://instagram.com/ranchbar?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Can recommend Trafoi and Solda in Ortler region

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 20-03-23 0:17; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@sah, hope @Mike Pow doesn't mind me jumping in, but I reckon you would be better off staying a tiny bit further west in the Val di Fiemme, beyond the Passo Rolle.

If you stay in / near Predazzo (or Moena, or Cavalese), you have about a dozen decent ski areas all within an hour's drive, and - best of all - they're all covered by the Valle Silver lift pass, which is cheaper than the full Dolomiti one. The pass covers all of the following:

- Alpe Cermis
- Passo Rolle
- Latemar
- St Martino di Castrozza
- Alpe Lusia
- Pozza di Fassa / Buffaure
- San Pellegrino / Falcade
- Carezza
- Jochgrimm
- Catinaccio
- Vigo di Fassa
- Canazei part of the Sella Ronda

More info in my 2019 trip report here.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don’t mind at all

Great info
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Mike Pow, good info thanks.
@denfinella, excellent idea, I have a map of the Dolomites above my desk now (just a little bit obsessive) and that location looks like an excellent base for exploring. I've bookmarked your trip report Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just one more question... The runs off Rosetta look interesting Very Happy , is there any where on the web with more details? There's nothing on WePowder or OutdoorActive. Sadly Francisco's guidebook doesn't cover SMdiC:(
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sah wrote:
Just one more question... The runs off Rosetta look interesting Very Happy , is there any where on the web with more details? There's nothing on WePowder or OutdoorActive. Sadly Francisco's guidebook doesn't cover SMdiC:(

There's an obvious route down

Starts skier's right of the gondola, then traverse right, then ski and traverse left back to base of gondola

Lots of hidden couloirs

Guide needed

And there's an easy hike up above the gondola which will drop you down to the refuge
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy