Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowcentre hemel - best travel route?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good morning! So I am now adjusting to real life back home after four weeks of snowboarding. Before I left tignes last week I had a hell of a lot of fun in the snowpark before visibility kind of spoilt the rest of the week.

So now I'm keen to head to a freestyle night at an indoor slope near by to continue where I left things. I'm living in Didcot, Oxfordshire, and Milton Keynes and Hemel seem to be equidistant from me. I'm interested in Hemel as there seems to be more public transport options.

So my question is: Has anyone done a similar journey to Hemel Hempstead snow centre on public transport? Is it do able? I hate driving so wish to avoid that!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh god, I wish. Public transport to Hemel is bloody awful. It's not at all close to Hemel train station. The 300 bus goes from the station and stops right outside but it's infrequent, unreliable, and totally absent on evenings and Sundays. So, even though I can theoretically get the bus there almost from my front door (in St. Albans), I end up getting taxis more often than not. Realistically you would need to get a taxi from Hemel train station. I don't think it would be straightforward even getting a train there from Didcot as I think you'd probably have to go in and out of London.

If you do drive, there is ample free parking at Hemel. I think you may have to pay at MK.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a sister who lives in Hemel Hempstead and she says much the same, public transport there is awful.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you can get a train to Aplsey train station it is not too far to walk from there. You could probably do that walk in 20 mins. (It's 1.2 miles according to google)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah great. Just what I feared. I live right next to Didcot parkway station so would've been nice and convenient if I could so it be q couple of trains.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@SFR_, I can get to apsley with two changes. That may actually work. Cheers!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Public transport is duff, but I found the walk from Hemel station perfectly manageable. 30 mins at a good pace, guess it depends if you are planning to take a Board with you!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's only about an hour's drive from Didcot. Do you hate driving so much you're prepared to spend over twice as long getting there by public transport?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@sugarmoma666, lol. Yes.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi @quentin, Hope your snooker skills improved in Tignes! Let me know when you're going to HH slope and I might come with you. I'm just down the road, I can pick you up at HH or Apsley station.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@SFR_, its nearly uphill all the way to hemel SC from apsley and hemel stations, as well as crossing a river somewhere , I would say MK has better transport options from the rail station.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@terrygasson, So it's down hill on the way back when your tired! Very Happy

It's more a slope than a hill, you can nip across the canal at Apsley lock directly opposite the station or, (and this is the way I'd go) go left along the road out of the station then turn right into Sainsbury's car park and there is a foot bridge right next to the store which takes you to Ebberns Road. Then about 200m down there, there is another alleyway which brings you out on St Albans Hill by the used car dealership about 500m from the Snow Centre. That can count as your warm up too!

I've never been to MK by public transport so you may be right there.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There is a bus from oxford to Mk, x15 or x25 cant recall exactly which one is mk to aylesbury or oxford.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy