Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accident: Val d’Isere on Tuesday 20th January 2015 WARNING picture of a leg with 31 staples in it.

Poster: A snowHead
This is still going around Facebook:

Quote:
PLEASE SHARE SHARE AND SHARE AGAIN
DO YOU KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE?

Were you skiing or snowboarding, or do you know someone who was skiing, in Val d’Isere on Tuesday 20th January?
A male British skier, described as quite tall and about 20-years-old, collided with a female skier, shattering her leg and breaking her thumb on a blue run in the Bellevarde ski area known as the Diebold, down towards the Tommeuse lift.
It was obvious her leg was broken so after a brief exchange the man skied off with all his mates promising to get help – but they didn’t.
Luckily another skier saw the female skier in distress, stopped and alerted mountain rescue.
She has since had 13 screws put in her tibia and fibula to put her leg back together (see photo) and it is now plastered from thigh to toe. The victim is also bed bound as she cannot use crutches because of the broken thumb also sustained in the accident.
It may be that the man did not realise the extent of the injury which is why he failed to get help. But he is being encouraged to come forward.
Details are sketchy but as already mentioned he is a tall, young, British skier who was in Val d’Isere with a group of about eight other males.
Does this sound like anyone you know who was in Val d’Isere? Or maybe a tour operator remembers hosting this group?
If you can help identify these people please email: subs@skierandsnowboarder.co.uk
Please share even if you aren’t a skier to spread this message as wide as possible.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 9-02-16 11:27; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm some emotive language being used there - not exactly going to encourage a perp to come forward after this time given the likely attitude of the French law. I think you're probably relying on someone grassing him. Isn't it a matter for her insurers to pursue though?

& asking TOs to grass on the many parties of young British males they have staying with them is a bit bizzare - if they weren't with the skiers (&of course they couldn't be) then unless the guy was bragging in the chalet later it seems unlikely they'd have anything to contribute.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That appeared on my timeline too - it happened January 2015.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So it's just a chain letter?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And someone has commented:

Quote:
Don't know why this popped up again. I think someone must have clicked or liked it again and this made it 'resurface'. Just for info, the 'victim' is STILL facing a long recovery a year later and has had to deal with very painful infections caused by the leg injury and several operations on her hands as both thumbs were also broken and the tendons damaged in the hit and run.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Hmm some emotive language being used there - not exactly going to encourage a perp to come forward after this time given the likely attitude of the French law. I think you're probably relying on someone grassing him. Isn't it a matter for her insurers to pursue though?

& asking TOs to grass on the many parties of young British males they have staying with them is a bit bizzare - if they weren't with the skiers (&of course they couldn't be) then unless the guy was bragging in the chalet later it seems unlikely they'd have anything to contribute.

Someone might have overheard something I suppose. At the very least you'd think one of those young 'gentlemen' could have stayed with the casualty until help arrived.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gerry or one of the mods might want to put a warning of graphic content in the title.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
WARNING picture of a leg
Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pruman wrote:
Quote:
WARNING picture of a leg
Laughing

NAKED as well.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tidy work by the surgeon.

latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gerry wrote:

Someone might have overheard something I suppose. At the very least you'd think one of those young 'gentlemen' could have stayed with the casualty until help arrived.

Yeah. You'd hope, but clearly they didn't. I don't know how still begging around on Facebook over a year later is suddenly going to uncover anything. Her best chance was in the week of the accident when Les Flics "might" have taken an interest and there was a chance of tracing people from lift usage records. Doing internet Sherlocking isn't going to produce anything unless one of the perp posse has suddenly found religion or something.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Gerry wrote:

Yeah. You'd hope, but clearly they didn't. I don't know how still begging around on Facebook over a year later is suddenly going to uncover anything. Her best chance was in the week of the accident when Les Flics "might" have taken an interest and there was a chance of tracing people from lift usage records. Doing internet Sherlocking isn't going to produce anything unless one of the perp posse has suddenly found religion or something.

Yep, it's been a terrible waste of your attention span.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Stay positive. There's no point getting huffy because you hadn't realised it was year old.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
olderscot wrote:
Quote:

Stay positive. There's no point getting huffy because you hadn't realised it was year old.

That's the most important thing.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The victim, a friend of mine, continues to face a long recovery, and is keen to focus on that now, rather than identifying the person who did this to her.
snow report
do we actually know that the culprit wasn't tracked down/came forward?
snow conditions
@marcellus, he has not been identified.
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
The victim, a friend of mine, continues to face a long recovery, and is keen to focus on that now, rather than identifying the person who did this to her.

Only trying to help.
latest report
marcellus wrote:
do we actually know that the culprit wasn't tracked down/came forward?

Not sure who was at fault for the accident.
snow report
@Gerry, of course, no worries.

As for fault, the victim was stationary when she was hit, and standing in a clearly visible location. She's an experienced skier and a qualified instructor.
snow conditions
Quote:

Rob, I'm sure I speak for the majority here who wish her a successful recovery. I hope she eventually recovers enough to consider getting back on the slopes for this wonderful, if sometimes dangerous, sport.
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
@Gerry, of course, no worries.

As for fault, the victim was stationary when she was hit, and standing in a clearly visible location. She's an experienced skier and a qualified instructor.

There but for the grace of god go all of us.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 9-02-16 13:28; edited 1 time in total
latest report
olderscot wrote:
Quote:

Rob, I'm sure I speak for the majority here who wish her a successful recovery. I hope she eventually recovers enough to consider getting back on the slopes for this wonderful, if sometimes dangerous, sport.

I think you meant 'everyone'.
latest report
Quote:
There but for the grace of god go all of us.

@Gerry, indeed.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 9-02-16 14:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@olderscot, thanks, much appreciated.
snow conditions
yes, I did mean 'everyone' but oddly find that if I ever say it there's always someone who pops up and has a go.
ski holidays
olderscot wrote:
yes, I did mean 'everyone' but oddly find that if I ever say it there's always someone who pops up and has a go.

There you go, you can't win.
snow report
Quote:

The victim, a friend of mine, continues to face a long recovery, and is keen to focus on that now, rather than identifying the person who did this to her

That sounds to be a very wise frame of mind.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy