Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski length

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I'm an 'okay' skier. But always rented ski's and will be doing again.

However, I always get given a different length. I don't really notice any difference I don't think, but is there something I should be noticing?

Everytime I get on skis it's like the first time, for about 30 minutes or so. But then I settle back into it. Maybe having a consistent length of ski would help?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"Everytime I get on skis it's like the first time, for about 30 minutes or so.." Methinks that is the same for everyone !! (once or twice a year skiers anyway). But, yes - a consistent length is bound to help
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
if you google it there are a few good websites that will give you an indication of what length you need.

the factors to consider are:
1. your standard
2. what type of skiing you do.....i.e. hooning it or sharp radius turns.
3. your height
4. your weight.

Now i'm an intermediate skier and i'm 178cm tall but i weigh a heffty 93kgs rolling eyes so i have 1.80 skis, which are quite long for my height but the extra length is due to my weight!! they ride really nicely.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Maybe having a consistent length of ski would help?

yes but different ski designs require different lengths for the same height/weight/ability so unless you ski the same model every time you should probably just take the shop's advice. I wouldn't worry about it
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@JanieS, length is not the only factor.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name, Too true. unfortunately Mrs Strax has found some nice black ones which she simply can't get enough of. Embarassed
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I recently went from X-wing 175 to Scott 'the ski' 165's .. which has a front rocker ! so ski length well down on prevous skis, i was told that they would be lively and not as fast running as my previous skis, ... not so, i've found them so much easier to ski on, even though they are shorter, for speed etc. they are better than my X-wings... plus they are light to carry Happy .. my limited advise would be to try to buy a ski that suits you, or when hireing find one contact hire shops to find what you want..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy