Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier in summer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm considering going to Verbier (Le Chable) in the summer for paragliding. What's it like in summer, quiet/busy, what else is there to do? I'm aware there is no summer skiing.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In a word - wonderful. Sounds like you're planning to do it with Verbier Summits, which is a good choice. Mike and Stu are great guys.

Le chable is lovely, we have a home here. There's tons to do, hiking, running mountain biking and generally absorbing the character of a traditional alpine town with a real community.

If you time it to coincide with the Verbier Festival there's a whole load of fun to be had up the hill too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, yes I have been in touch with Verbier Summits. Haven't made a decision yet.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, there's a lot of walking you can do, obviously, including the amazing 360º views from the top of Pierre Avoi. If you like MTB, then look at the Tour du Mt.Fort, where you combine télécabines and cycling to do a circuit from Verbier, through La Tzoumaz, Nendaz, Tortin, Col des Gentians and back to Verbier. Try a night at the Cabin du Mt.Fort and sunrise on Mt.Fort itself. In the valley, there's the large Bains de Saillon thermal resort between Martigny and Sierre which is certainly worth a day's visit (the BdS is much more down-to-earth than many of the mega-luxury alternatives).

If you like culture, then the Fondation Pierre Giannada in Martigny is definitely worth a visit for the Impressionist collection and the modern 20thC outdoor scupltures. And the Verbier Festival is also worth a visit.

I'd recommend going when the télécabines are running, as this gives you much more choice and saves a lot of time walking up to 2000m just to get started. It also means you could consider staying in a satellite like La Tzoumaz or Nendaz, rather than more expansive Verbier. Contact the La Tzoumaz or Nendaz Office de Tourisme for an indication of lift opening period and accomodation.

www.tourdumontfort.ch/intro/en/index.php
www.bainsdesaillon.ch/en
www.cabanemontfort.ch
www.latzoumaz.ch
www.gianadda.ch
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, plenty to think about there. I'd almost certainly be staying in Le Chable.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy