Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR - Steamboat - Aspen/Snowmass Colorado

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Took a look at the forecast and it looked good for some Colorado powder. It turned out better than I had expected.

Flew into Denver, and then drove through the night in hopes of fresh snow. Saturday Jan. 30 was just 5 inches of wet snow. Not what I was hoping for. After the lifts closed the snow started to fall. The temp dropped and it snowed through the night. Sunday was a nice 12 inch powder day, with the sun peeking out now and again. I managed to end up in the company of a local who showed me some of his favorite lines.

I love the Aspens in Steamboat.

It was about 9F and a light frost coated the trees.

I scored some nice freshies under Sundown Express.

My "guide" for the morning showing me the goods.

After my legs were good and tired, I hopped into the car and headed to Snowmass.

It snowed a lot while I was there.

Anyone seen my car?

First day was 11" of new. Visibility was low but good enough.

It snowed all day and into the night with another 10" to start the morning.

I went for a short hike to hang in the Valley of deepness

It was all good wherever you went.

Last day was another 10" of fresh cold smoke pow. -4F at the summit.

It was worth the hike

For some light, dry pow....

Waist deep and steep. Best run of the trip.

Not a bad way to end a ski trip. It was snowing lightly again as I drove back to Denver.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well played
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks sucky - vibes +++
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have the Mountain Collective Pass this season. http://mountaincollective.com/ I had several excellent choices. Could have gone to Whistler. But been there done that many times. Could have gone to Alta but wanted to go some place I hadn't, which is partly why I chose Aspen-Snowmass. Most of the weather forecasts had indicated good potential snowfall in all those locations. But ended up with really cheap airfare out of Seattle, and relatively cheap lodging. Low crowds except the Sunday in Steamboat. All the Steamboat locals were chatting about how they had never seen it so busy. I'll definitely be going back to Aspen-Snowmass. There's terrain yet left unexplored, that I definitely want to check out.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Aspen is one of the places I've been that exceeded my expectations based on hype vs substance It's got some real deal terrain and despite the movie star/billionaire image has a pretty core and unflashy ski population. Highlands is one of the steepest average pitch resorts I've come across. Steamboat not so much but I was unlucky to drive there on an 11 inch day to find that that was wet wet slop closer to a bad day in your home town than Champagne TM.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Toadman, Nice, love Aspens at any mountain.

Dave of the Marmottes, Agree about Aspen especially Highlands it used to be so underrated. The bowl on a good day is true fun. The first time we went there was no base area to speak of Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I hesitate to even say much about Highlands. I was fortunate enough to hook up with a local of 32 years. What he showed me was...well, really, really cool. I'm not even going into details because I can't believe how blessed I was to have that day on Wed. Feb 3rd. I'll never forget it. I can't wait to get back there, and will make sure and do like I did this time, and book last minute when I know the storms are coming in.

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy