Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes - advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Tignes tourist office have changed my accommodation and I have a few random questions about it/Tignes that they seem to be unwilling to answer and I couldn't find on here.

We'll be staying in the Bec Rouge apartments. Any thoughts? If you tell me that the building will be full of Dutch students on the lash or that the whole place smells like an abattoir I might have to reconsider!

Is there parking in the building or do you have to use one of the public car parks?

The swimming pool (le Lagon) - are shorts allowed or Speedos only?

Also, we'll be heading back on Saturday 9th April. The journey to Calais should take about 9 hours but what sort of delays should I expect as this is the departure day at the end of the Easter holidays (I don't think it's a holiday anywhere in France that week). Will it be a crawl all the way until we get past Chambery?

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bec Rouge - big 70's block, a mixture of rental and owners, some ar 70's throwbacks some have been tastefully redone - Tigski may be along in a minute as he lives there and rarely has any bother.

There is parking in the building - but the slots are 2CV narrow and you have to book it through the gardienne via the agent or owner and the charge is similar to the public carpark. You are far better booking a place in the Lac 3 carpark (as tigski does), bigger spaces and much easier to access. That said if your key comes with a gate blipper then it is handy to drive into the base of the building with your stuff - but not essential.

Swimming shorts are fine in the Lagon - but ones designed for swimming/beach not rugby - and they need to be clean.

Yes it will be a crawl - alow at least an extra 2 hours on that 9 hours - or leave on Friday evening and get half way.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stay in the Bec Rouge 2 weeks every year. Never had any problems. Love the fact it is ski in and out straight on to the palafour. Don't like missing the last drag and having to walk up through the garage with skis and boots but that's just me being lazy. It's always clean and tidy in the public areas. As chocksaway said all the apartments are different but I think that through the tignes website they have a certain standard they have to adhere to to be listed.
Tim
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@benwright, No reason to worry about staying in the Bec Rouge. Ski in/Ski out for vitually all of the season and normally pretty quiet. I even managed it when we arrived late November. The Bec Rouge piste swings around the end of the building from Palafour piste, just before the top of the Millonex drag lift and gives access to the front door . In the mornings it is a short ski from the front door to the centre of Le Lac and the lifts. There will be a south facing balcony which will get sun until just after 3pm in April.

As @chocksaway, says, it is better to park in Lac 3 car park which I would book in advance through the tourist office online. A garage door blipper is needed to gain access to the Bec Rouge car park. The owner will have one.

There is easy walking access under cover to the main road (Rue de la Poste) for a good choice of bars etc and a Carrefour supermarket is only a couple of mintes walk down that road. Two of the best ski/ski hire shops in resort are to the left and right of the entrance ramp to the garage.

I will still be in residence during your week.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Staying there myself with a group of friends from the 26th March - 2nd April. Great to hear that it's a nice place to stay. Will be the first time i've been to Tignes, very excited already! snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies, that's exactly the info I needed.

For the parking, if I don't have a blipper, how easy is it to park near the Bec Rouge? Is there a private access road or will I have to stop on the main drag and watch out for the police municipale?

From Google maps, it looks like the Palafour lift is close to a lift going up the other side of the valley (Tovieres?) - is it an easy walk/skate? I'll be with two youngish kids - both are used to carrying their kit but aren't enthusiastic about it - so hopefully everything is close by.

Really looking forward to it - first new resort we've been to since 2002! (Have a place in the southern French alps but the snow there this winter is rubbish)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm cheap. When we stay in Tignes Le Lac I dump my stuff in the apartment, take the car to the free carpark in 1800 and get the bus back up.

Have a great time- lots of fun skiing to be had in the Espace Killy Smile Looking forward to getting back later in April.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ben wright, The lifts in the centre are close to each other so won't be a problem. Some people do park on the main road and bring their luggage up and some park on the bottom of the ramp to unload. Presumably you have to pick the keys up somewhere, so you could contact the agency to check if there is a blipper provided with the keys.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy