Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bergamo to Livigno by Car

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Dudes

Has anybody ever driven from Bergamo Airport to Livigno ?
i'm going on 28th Jan and have heard that it takes ages.

Ive spoken to people who've been on a package and the coach took 5 hours.

Im praying that it takes alot less in a hire car.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jenno
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never driven it...but it does take 5 hours on the coach...although I seem to remember a short stop. The road into Livigno is a typical alpine steep winding road, so won't be quick.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm sure it would be quicker in a car, I've done it twice on the coach and it was at least 5 and a half hours. A shorter journey means not such an early rise for the drive home, I'm sure they had us up at 0300 hrs.

Had snow chains on coach one year too.

Its very bleak at the top of the pass were the duty free guard stands before you drop down into Liv.

You'll have a great holiday in Livigno.

Remember - bombardinos. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ian bloomfield wrote:
I'm sure it would be quicker in a car, I've done it twice on the coach and it was at least 5 and a half hours. A shorter journey means not such an early rise for the drive home, I'm sure they had us up at 0300 hrs.

Had snow chains on coach one year too.

Its very bleak at the top of the pass were the duty free guard stands before you drop down into Liv.

You'll have a great holiday in Livigno.

Remember - bombardinos. Evil or Very Mad
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a nasty journey.

Fingers crossed i might make it in 3hrs if i get my foot down.
Hope the cops arent too keen round those mountain roads !
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Journey is 5 hrs with 1 hour stop. So 4 hours travelling by coach. You should definately make it in 3 hrs.

Livigno is the only resort I've ever descended into!!!!!

Roads are pretty good to Bormio, then it's a steep trip over the pass to Livigno.

I'll be in Bergamo on the 28th bound for Passo Tonale
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Make sure you hire some snow chains, that pass above Livigno is very remote & bleak.

Not a place to get stuck.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've driven it. Don't go via Switzerland, the pass is closed, go via Bormio. It will be a good 3 and half hours if the weather is good. Snow chains are an absolute must.

When we went the pass via Switzerland was still open but unfortunately closed at 20:00hrs, we arrived fifteen minutes late due to snow, barriers closed, snow plough just leaving heading to St Moritz. Had to go all the way round, missus going crazy took us hours. Coming home went via Bormio had a half hour stop for coffee and it took us four hours, the roads were pretty good and I didn't hang around. You have to go up and over not sure if it was Aprica way on, can't really remember but if the weather's bad that will have snow and chains maybe needed there also.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds like great advice - Many Thanks

Seems to me that there's no quick & easy route. but ill take the Bormio route.
Hope its worth the journey.

Worst thing is ill be driving in the dark on sat evening/night (28th Jan)
will make sure we get chains.

Cheers
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy