Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere ski school for child

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We'll be in Val d'Isere w/c 29/02/16. It's my daughters second season, can do snowplow turns on easy blues and is currently being taught parallel traverses. She likes to go fast (prefers not to snow plow at all!), fun jumps, go through trees etc. Unfortunately she has no sense of danger yet and would be a bit of a liability in a class with older children, plus she's too short to get onto a chairlift without being lifted.

Most of her skiing has been in Canada. Her only experience in France was 2 weeks in the esf snow garden last year from which she tried to escape on numerous occasions. Her latest instructor suggested that she go into esf classes rather than the english school (Oxygen) as they'll more likely have other local 3 year olds at her level, and on the 'big' hill. She said not to worry about the language.

Which school do you think would be better for her?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I forgot to mention that I'm looking for 5 half days Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Canuck, I'd agree with the comment about language. Much more important for her to be at the right level and have fun. My 5 year old granddaughter coped fine in an entirely French group at Christmas.the instructors only English was "snow plough" and "hands on knees", according to Ella. she did have to be bribed with the prospect of choosing an entire cake for herself at the end of the week, after the first day in heavy rain, but was sorry to finish in the end (despite the cake) as she was desperate to get the next badge.

In your place id ring and speak to a couple of the ski schools and see what they can suggest.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK since we do not offer kids group lessons then I can recommend the following here in Val.... totally objectively here as where I would recommend for kids group lessons. However Oxygene are no more an English ski school as are the ESF!!!!!

Mountain Masters
New Gen
Progression
EV2
Oxygene
ESF

Those would be my choices in that order but subject to what they have running the week in question etc!

HOWEVER please note that most schools will not take 3 year olds in group lessons as they are not independent enough so you may be stuck (not that I am dismissing them / the option) in the fenced off little'uns area the ESF run!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks for the info!
When she did esf last year it seemed to be all french, which was ok at 2 in the snow garden when they don't have much language yet anyways.
I might try to contact the others too then.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oxygene are fab. My 6 year old loved it. Think it was an Australian instructor.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have a 3 year old and a 6 year old. The elder is booked into New Gen and ultimately that came down to the length of lessons - they vary between 2 hours and 4 hours dependent on who you go with.

None of the ski schools would take our youngest, so she will have to wait a year. We have her with Jelly and Ice Cream who are a nursery type service but will get her doing some snow related stuff, just not skiing.

Let me know if you find something that your 3 year old can do ski related.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Group lessons you can get via the Jardins des Enfants when they are 3 years old with the ESF and they go into the snow garden! But since the ESF have their snow garden that really is about the only option you have. Be aware the groups can tend to be quite large even with the little ones but shouldn't be too much of an issue. The J&I nannies will have fun things lined up.... fear not!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I agree, esf will take younger into the snow garden for a trial. They just need to be toilet trained and happily independant. You can't book in advance for underagers though, have to go to the office and ask in person with your child.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My son was with ESF in France from age 3, and the language was never an issue until Gold Star level this year, when it gets a bit technical. That said, the best fun he has ever had (and me) is in shared lessons (with me or his much older sister) with Steve's colleagues in TDC. Made enormous progress, and had lots of fun in the process. How fast can you go... do this first, then we can race, little jumps off the side, bored on the piste, lets head for the park, etc. All possible in a private session. But a lot more expensive that half day group lessons.

I always considered ESF to be babysitting, and if he learned to ski it was a bonus! They must have done something right though - he beat me down Face over the Xmas rolling eyes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
But don't leave it forever - it's a very busy week, ski schools will already be pretty booked up.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
But don't leave it forever - it's a very busy week, ski schools will already be pretty booked up.

+1

Pending Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yup, esf was fully booked when I phoned, but managed to get her into oxygen. I suppose one benefit of it being a busy week is it's more likely she'll get a class of similar age/ability.
Thanks again for the advice! Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy