Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuel downhill 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Sat ready to watch the downhill live on Eurosport but it's blood tennis. I take it it's s delayed start. Can anyone confirm as Eurosport uk fail to update on change of tv schedule.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Start delayed an hour at least Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@head_like_a_rock, Thanks.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.france24.com/en/20160123-kitzbuehel-downhill-delayed-because-snow
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Starting below the Mausefälle at the first reserve start hut. Starting at 12:45

The wind is part of a cold front that crossed in Germany & Austria overnight. Took longer to arrive then predicted and is bringing more snow and freezing rain than expected. The winds should die down as the weather improves.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Another lowered start, not the same just like the Wengen downhill it just looses its edge when it's s lowered start
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry it is starting just above the Mausefälle. The Hausbergkante traverse is going to be critical as it is very bumpy and uneven. There is a lot of fresh snow on the course as well as Oti Streidinger has just found out.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looking pretty brutal.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Who has crashed? Am watching in a bar with no sound
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What sports Channel is this being broadcast on
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Georg Streitberger, Eurosport are speculating he has a broken bone in his knee.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pam w, Streitberger.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@dublin2, Eurosport 2.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm more anxious watching this than on the descents on my XC skis this morning, and that's saying something. Shocked
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Any streams for those of us without eurosport??
snow conditions
Ouch, Reichelt crashes in the same spot as Streitberger
ski holidays
Reichelt is up and looks fine. Very Happy
ski holidays
Wow, he crashed faster than Streitberger but got up and walked away.
latest report
They're helicoptering him off but hopefully only precautionary. Maybe concussion, so the best thing to do.
snow report
Now Svindal crashes at the same spot!!
latest report
Bernardo wrote:
Now Svindal crashes at the same spot!!

He is up and walks away. Very Happy
latest report
Svindal now. Shocked
snow report
That looked like the worst one, amazed and relieved he walked away. Does seem there's some unexpected bump or something at that point causing issues, I'd be surprised if 3 pro skiers were making a clear mistake at the same point causing accidents like that.
snow report
@geepee, Reichelt wanted to ski down but the medics insisted on taking him in the blood wagon because of the risk of a bleed (suspected concussion, possible whiplash)

Svindal was already suffering with a pulled muscle before the race. He is also going to be treated for whiplash and concussion. His ski delaminated during the crash and he also has a suspected broken nose.

Streiberger probably has an ACL injury, he is being moved from St Johann hospital to the Innsbruck ones (Privatklinik Hochrum or Kettenbrücke) for further investigations by the team doctors. The Director of Racing for the Austrian Men's teM Hans Pum will update the press later.
latest report
Thanks for that info. Was obviously a very tough course.
snow conditions
Drogue wrote:
That looked like the worst one, amazed and relieved he walked away. Does seem there's some unexpected bump or something at that point causing issues, I'd be surprised if 3 pro skiers were making a clear mistake at the same point causing accidents like that.

I think the Eurosport commentators mentioned that around this point a road goes across the pistse which causes undulations.
snow conditions
I have only just seen the race, someone at work blocked my live screening Mad

I am so upset at the amount of injuries this season. As Sue said the rate this is going the Globe winners will be the only athletes left standing Mad Mad

The speed events won't be the same without Svindal.
ski holidays
Svindal has just posted a pre surgery hospital photo on Facebook!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great run from Peter Fill, given how the rest struggled one way or another.
snow report
jkchops wrote:
I think the Eurosport commentators mentioned that around this point a road goes across the pistse which causes undulations.

Svindal made mistake on his own (for most of part, but that hole, more later, helped to finish the business), he was way back and on inside ski, but Reichelt and Streiberger (with few other... including Innerhofer who actually told me about this later on) hit the hole which was left from sg race, and crashed because of this. Light at Hausbergkante (that's where I was, so I have no idea about other parts of the course, but when I was going down the course light was relatively ok at higher up... but that was 2h before start) was completely flat and there was simply no chance to see holes and bumps, and pretty much whole part between Hausbergkante and last jump is so bumpy as almost never before. We will see how this will go with Trinkl/Waldner/FIS and OSV, as decision for bumps was on Trinkl side, and OSV lost 4 of their racers in single weekend (and 7 from WC team in season).
latest report
I agree with the others and the problem here IMHO is that the Hausbergkante should not have featured in the race. When the course passed the snow control I was relieved as I feared yet another cancelled classic, however, I did expect that they would announce the omission of the Hausberg jump and traverse as in 2014. The reason given for the change in 2014 was that there was not enough snow to make a safe landing and entry to the traverse.

I really do wonder what was different this year to make them think they could do it safely. I rather suspect that media and sponsor pressure to have the full 'spectacle' was a significant factor.

What an insult to a great race and Austrian tradition to put them and the appearance of a few celebs before the safety of the participants.

The injury list this year in general is horrific all round. This race alone has possibly, maybe even probably cost Svindal the overall globe and almost definitely those for the speed races. It also cost the Austrians 4 of their top speed racers.

I cannot remember a season with so many injuries. Is it the snow? Rarely can there have been such a volume of man-made on every piste. Are the Race Directors under too much commercial pressure to sign off courses that aren't really safe? Something is wrong and if it carries on at the current rate the globe winners will, as others say, be those left standing rather than the best racers......
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy