Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Jump returns

Poster: A snowHead
@rogg, Ouch!!!!

Although did something similar (without the stitches) on a wednesday, had it fixed on the thursday and went skiing on the saturday so poor excuse……. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ben Cohen has been drafted in now. I would hope that a former rugby player will have a pretty strong body to take some of the knocks! That said rugby could well have broken him.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sequoiaboard wrote:
I bet there are loads of snowHeads that would jump at the chance.

Not sure about the skating but the skiing and sliding looks great fun! The trick with that huge kicker seems to be go fast enough to clear the lip and would certainly be up for a ski jump with some training!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jumping cliffs ....

http://youtube.com/v/hl2rXwU6WMw
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If it wasn't for Sky+ it would be unwatchable. I can't believe Davina is such a vacuous, immature, idiotic wold-class irritant in real life, so why she feels the need to take on that persona in front of camera is a mystery. The 'slebs aren't much better either.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dr John wrote:
If it wasn't for Sky+ it would be unwatchable. I can't believe Davina is such a vacuous, immature, idiotic wold-class irritant in real life, so why she feels the need to take on that persona in front of camera is a mystery. The 'slebs aren't much better either.

Couldn't agree more!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't mind the concept of the show, and of course I like the winter sports, Graham Bell, Eddie the Eagle and other professionals. But this year seems worse than ever for feeling un-rehearsed and poorly managed.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dr John wrote:

That's entertainment! Well for Sun readers anyway. I really do think there are limits as to what should be allowed as "reality show" activities. Clearly, ski jumping is dangerous and should only be attempted by those with a talent for it and who have undertaken proper training. Eddie Edwards was much better than many people think imv. The idea that anyone can attempt anything with minimal training is nonsense. The show should be pulled. I wonder if Beth Tweddle and other injured participants will regret doing it a few years down the line when the likely recurring twinges or pain will remind them of it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@billb, I love the snowsports (obv) and the trying something new, conquering fears etc angle, but why reduce all that good stuff to minimal screen time behind all the idiotic mugging for camera, lowest common denominator double entendre and half-witted text speak ('loving the bantz").

It's as if the makers are embarrassed by the noble human endeavour aspect and deliberately dumbing down. There's a good programme in there somewhere.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
billb wrote:
Dr John wrote:

That's entertainment! Well for Sun readers anyway. I really do think there are limits as to what should be allowed as "reality show" activities. Clearly, ski jumping is dangerous and should only be attempted by those with a talent for it and who have undertaken proper training. Eddie Edwards was much better than many people think imv. The idea that anyone can attempt anything with minimal training is nonsense. The show should be pulled. I wonder if Beth Tweddle and other injured participants will regret doing it a few years down the line when the likely recurring twinges or pain will remind them of it.

Well at least two of this year's injured participants have already said they want to come back next year.

And Heather Mills has come back after having to retire due to injury in a previous series.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No major injuries this week, and the parallel slalom was good entertainment - and moguls for next week Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dr John wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly. Very Happy

It's lowest common denominator television.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dr John wrote:
.......but why reduce all that good stuff to minimal screen time behind all the idiotic mugging for camera, lowest common denominator double entendre and half-witted text speak ('loving the bantz").

Because like Top Gear, Jungle thing, X factor and various other similar shows, it's all about the presenters who llike the sound of their own voices plus a smattering of "banter" and flashy video. The material of the show is secondary. I simply couldn't watch anything hosted by Davina McCall. Life's too short.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I watched the last two series but seeing one episode of this series was enough for me to turn give up on it, it was excruciating.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@alex_heney, Have they? Oh well, up to them I suppose if they want to risk more injury and pain. I suppose for people who have taken a sport to a high level e.g. Beth Tweddle, they like an exciting challenge.
snow report
Dr John wrote:

+1 THAT

I watch about 20-30 mins of it. I do not think I could watch the full show with the noisy ranting of Davina.
ski holidays
All hail sky plus
snow conditions
@Mike-H, @summerseat, total viewing time last night: 7 minutes. It would seem their target audience is 10-13 year olds, the only possible reason I can think of for the presentation style of "shout and scream, repeat" and complete absence of anything resembling information or facts.
snow report
Quote:

complete absence of anything resembling information or facts.

To be fair, it is supposed to be entertainment, not a documentary.

Celebrities skiing moguls last night. I quite enjoyed that.

Ski Cross nest week. Heather Mills says that's her favourite discipline and I have to admit seeing her versus Dean Cain in Ski Cross should be quite entertaining.
latest report
@olderscot, entertainment and facts are not mutually exclusive.
ski holidays
when people like heather mills and tamara beckwith describe themselves as good skiers it makes me wonder how many people have the same belief in their ability. watching their efforts last night was hilarious Laughing
ski holidays
@eddiethebus, I admit I was wondering how Beckwith, who is supposedly an expert who has skied since she was 5, could be so bad both the slalom and the moguls. Also Heather Mills couldn't complete a single sentence in any situation without blaming her false leg for something or other.
snow report
Quote:

Mills couldn't complete a single sentence in any situation without blaming her false leg

Ah, see - her skills as a racer have come to the fore!
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Quote:

Mills couldn't complete a single sentence in any situation without blaming her false leg

Same 'skills' as Lance Armstrong or Ben Jonhson? Yeah, thought so!
snow conditions
ADESki wrote:
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Quote:

Same 'skills' as Lance Armstrong or Ben Jonhson? Yeah, thought so!

Obviously you don't like her. But that is just ridiculous, and makes you look silly.
snow report
So, the Jump continues to leave a wake of injuries behind itself.

Sarah Harding has now retired after a ligament injury.

On the other hand, Ben Cohen will continue in the show despite what sounds like a nasty fall on his face. It's reported he lost two teeth and needed 20 stitches.
snow conditions
It wasn't as dreadful last night as it has been, possibly because it's getting towards the serious end and the novelty acts have departed. I now believe Mills is a genuine sociopath. She seems incapable of any sympathy or empathy, existing in her own bubble where any other human is to be treated as an enemy. A very strange person indeed.
snow report
@Dr John, +1 on that, she certainly doesn't seem to be the full ticket, and who the hell does her hair!!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

She seems incapable of any sympathy or empathy, existing in her own bubble where any other human is to be treated as an enemy

Sounds like a racer to me... Must use the same Sports Psychologist as Vonn.
ski holidays
I agree wholeheartedly. Heather Mills just shows no empathy at all. Very odd. She also didn't seem to understand why anyone should want to show here sympathy for her own injuries. Her comments were something along the lines of "I've hurt myself before, I'll hurt myself again, don't worry about it."

I'd never wish a ski injury on anyone but I am happy she's out of the show.

I did like that there's more ski content in the show now. I guess now that there are fewer people left and we know who they are the producers are happy to include more 'content'. It just a shame it can't be more like this at the beginning.
snow report
@Richard_Sideways, she needs a psychiatrist, not a psychologist.
ski holidays
Thinking of going to the final as I am about 1hr away next week. Anyone know how you get on it? Do you need tickets?
snow report
Can anyone explain to me why they are comparing the 'jump height' to the 'jump length'? Nobody is EVER going to be able to jump higher than further.

The show is descending into an absolute farce!
snow conditions
@KernowRed, I was also thinking about going the final, as a friend and I are in Innsbruck this weekend. I have funny feeling that the crowd you see in the back ground ( bar scene) are all production crew. So not sure there would be much to see.
latest report
I think they left that in just to give those who weren't confident they could land the "proper" jump safely a way out.

If anybody had fallen before the line in the proper jump, then the air jump would have been enough. So long as everybody lands the proper jump, the air jump will never beat it.

In previous years, they had the choice of three jump sizes to go off, and again, there was no way anybody choosing the lwoer height could beat anybody using a higher one, unless the latter fell.
latest report
I got on to crystalski reps on Twitter in Mayrhofen were I am stay €40 apparently
snow report
I was initially confused by the height/length thing, but it's a good risk/reward situation. If people aren't confident enough at this stage to go off the proper jump then they're obviously not ready to progress so it's a good way to trim.
ski holidays
@alex_heney, ok that's fair enough.

kind of pointless reading out the heights/lengths after they've safely landed though.
snow report
€40 includes travel to and from Mayrhofen
snow report
@Penzanceopinion, Jnr was out there a couple of weeks ago. The bar is tiny apparently. I think you are right that those in the bar are friends, family and crew.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy