Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2016 La Rosiere Choose Ski School for Kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

Any comments from anyone on kids ski school in La Rosiere? Looks like it's a choice between ESF and Evolution 2. I've got a 6 year old and a 4 year old. 6 year old can link snow plough turns, 4 year old can nearly. Am interested in comments to help choose between the two.

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@cube, hi and welcome to Snowheads! I can't speak for Evolution, but my three (7, 9 and 11 at the time) had lessons with ESF in La Ros last Easter, and they were never less than excellent. I had the younger two in the same class, and they loved their instructor - seemed to be really great with the littler ones. My son was off in a class with the plan to get his one star (having only done one week before) and they progressed him so quickly that he ended the week getting his three star. He loved his instructor - lots of fun but worked them hard. My only ESF experience with the kids so far (having gone with a private instructor the previous year) and it was very positive. Have a great trip - we loved La Ros; very easy to get around and offered loads of skiing for the little ones.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Both ski schools are highly rated. The ESF has to be one of their best in France.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been to La Ros twice. Kids were with Evo 2 on both occasions. Highly recommend them. I also had private lessons with Evo 2 and it was great value (especially compared to VDI). If the kids are in group lessons they will move them up or down groups during the week depending on skill/confidence.

However, adult friends were with ESF and they said they were good too. I do not think you can go wrong with either unless you get really unlucky and the instructor is not friendly.

Its a nice resort with family friendly slopes. Have a great time.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We were out in the La Ros for the 1st week of Jan this year. We used ESF group lessons for our 8 & 6 year olds, very good, good resort. If you have a walk to the first lift then rent the ski lockers situated next to ESF main building... Best thing I did
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks very much all for taking time to reply, that's really helpful. We're in Les Eucherts so with such good feedback on ESF, it looks like the natural choice for kids lessons with no bus ride and a slightly later start at 9:15.

@StinkingGoat that's a great idea re ski lockers. I've 'done time' in other resorts getting tired children plus skis back home at the end of the day so lockers will be very handy.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cube's other half here. Had great week in La Ros. We went with Evo 2 in the end. Even though the chalet company (Skibeat) had tie-up with ESF, their lesson numbers seemed very large. We were almost tempted to go with ESF given good reviews and also our chalet was in eucherts area...ESF have use of nursery area in eucherts...whereas evo 2 don't. evo 2 lessons can start in eucherts from a certain skiing ability. we were a bit worried about getting the kids and us and all our gear from eucherts to la ros centre if we went with evo 2, in time for the 0900 lesson. However...the small class sizes for evo 2 swung it for us in the end, plus evo 2 came by our chalet in the morning, picked up the kids in their minibus and took them off to the lesson. worked brilliantly. we went in the bus with them on the first day, but then let them go on their own. it's a very quick journey - minutes. evo 2 seemed very well organised and reliable with their timings for pick ups (and drop offs if you wanted them to bring the kids back to the chalet after the lesson). evo 2 at la ros centre had a lovely little set up for beginner kids. their base is the "yeti village" - essentially a little chalet with a nursery slope and magic carpet next to it - for exclusive use of evo 2 kids beginners. ours quickly ventured out of this area as they had skied a bit before, but the lessons always ended here, kids were away from the main road and busy areas, just mucking about waiting for parents to come and collect. evo 2 instructors Kevin and Simon were the loveliest, most fun instructors we could have hoped for. absolutely amazing with the kids, ours were over the moon with them. Fantastic experience.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Our two (now 17 & 19) started with Evo 2 (when 3&5) and we've always used them having been to La Ros for all but two of those years. Found them excellent when they were little and in recent years although have gone for a few private lessons each time as they've got older...always excellent. As said above they do seem to move the groups around to suit ability.
Haven't used ESF (in La Ros) so no doubt they have some good instructors too, however Evo2 do state that they will not take more than 8 to a class, whereas we have often seen ESF instructors with many more than this, especially in holiday weeks, our record spotted was 22 littl'uns with 1 instructor....
Personally I've only had to gripe at Evo2 once - A friend and I took the advanced group lesson option but unfortunately with the instructor running to the lowest level in the group (not to be faulted for this really) found it positively tedious, a conversation with the office the first evening and they swapped us both to a couple of private lessons with the same guy - had a ball.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Glad you were happy with ur choice. Evo 2 in La Ros are very good. One of best kid schools we've seen.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy