Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When will rear-entry boots return?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@jedster, I tried Flexons (the stiffest ones at the time) in about 1990 and just found them too soft. But I do like the concept...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

@jedster, I tried Flexons (the stiffest ones at the time) in about 1990 and just found them too soft. But I do like the concept...

I hear you - I've never skied in REALLY stiff boots but then I've never raced.
I do like a bit of flex - tell me if this makes sense:

When you compress/flex to absorb you want your COG to go up and down rather than forward and back

If you have a bit of flex you can push your knee over your toe to stop you backside moving backwards (as much) as you sink down.

If you are in very stiff boots you can't do this so you have to bend at the waist more (shoulders forward to counterbalance your backside).
Either work in general.
My weight distribution is a little unusual (muscular thighs and backside and relatively light upperbody) which means that all this is more exaggerated and I feel poorly balanced if I can't push my knees forward to keep my hips more centred as I sink down. I think the fact that I like a bit more forward lean than some people is related.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy