Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Train from Geneva to Champéry

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Every year we disregard this journey - and ski weekend location - as finding accurate timetable and fare information is nigh on impossible in advance. Have scoured Swiss train's website and emailed for assistance - the reply was equally unclear. I know that I need to change at Aigle but much harder to get time of last train from Geneva airport on a Thursday evening and times back on a Sunday to be back at Geneva airport for 19:00 ish. Price for four adults. Please help. Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

as finding accurate timetable and fare information is nigh on impossible in advance. Have scoured Swiss train's website and emailed for assistance - the reply was equally unclear

What ???

While I have a LOT of experience of the SBB site, but it's as clear to use and the results are as clear to understand as it can be. And is in English if you need that.

Fares: CHF 104 return 2nd class, CHF 74.60 saver on the journey I entered (out Thur 28.1 on last train at 19:51, return Sunday 31.1 on 16:07 arriving Geneva Airport 18:39) savers require nominated trains and are not always available.

Took longer to type this than find out the information.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, wish I could agree with clarity regarding SBB site particularly regarding which trains are available. That said usually looking too far in advance as currently trying to work out next January. Do you know how much times change year on year, given your experience wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Snowsartre, ah, well, if that's what you're trying to do... Are you surprised it won't work?

Fares rarely change much.

Timetables? Who knows? I'm pretty sure the times between Geneva, Bern and Zurich haven't changed at all since I moved here 10 years ago. At least the trains I tend to take.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, thanks for speedy reply. Is the train station at Geneva airport walkable from arrivals or is it a shuttle-bus job like the car hire?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You will not be able to find out train times with certainty for January 2017 as the timetables haven't been published yet!

The Swiss timetables change twice a year. The last change was in December 2015 and it was massive - this is because of planned work during 2016 on the Geneva - Lausanne - Brig route (amongst others). By way of comparison, until December, our trains from Champéry used to leave at 34 minutes past the hour. Now they are leaving at 4 or 7 minutes past the hour.

You need this link http://fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/query.exe/en?seqnr=1&ident=46.01927725.1453144200&REQ0HafasSearchConnection=last for the last train from Geneva on a Thursday night. That'll be the handy "last train" link!

It's correct that currently you would need to get the 16:07 from Champéry on a Sunday to get back to the airport for 18:39. Provided that doesn't change in a year's time ...

SBB have a useful app you can downalod too. Once registed you can buy tickets through it as well.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Train station is within the Geneva airport complex. Turn left out of arrivals and keep going. Tickets can be bought from self service machines or you can queue to at the windows.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Snorestore, awesome, thank you Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Snorestore, from what I could see the timetable is published annually.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Perhaps I could have phrased it better. The timetable is updated whenever services change - which can happen in the summer and then again in the winter. Major changes happen once a year, as it did on 13 Dezember 2015 http://www.sbb.ch/en/business-travel/businesstravel-about-us/timetable-change-2016.html
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Snorestore, I'd be surprised if the train gnomes of Zürich would publish a hard copy timetable for the year in December and have it rendered partially incorrect in the summer?

Goes against SBB principles!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Snowsartre, you do know about offers for tourists? http://www.sbb.ch/en/leisure-holidays/holidays--short-breaks-in-switzerland/swisstravelsystem.html
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I'd be surprised if the train gnomes of Zürich would publish a hard copy timetable for the year in December and have it rendered partially incorrect in the summer?
Goes against SBB principles!
Well most of it is accessed online now so it's easier to update. One of those changes during 2016 will be for the services between Monthey and Champery which will be closed for about 4 months in this year as the crémaillère system is being modernised.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy