Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania, Reberty

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any snowheads have experience of these resorts, and in particular thoughts on suitability for beginners as compared to eg. Courchevel 1650 ? Hoping to get a late chalet deal for w/c 28 Jan and these 2 resorts seem to have quite a few chalets.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Tania brilliant place for families. Thoroughly reccomend it. More on www.laTania.co.uk
There was some criticism about return to the village for beginners so for this season they have built a green run back in!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfin, thats good news but there is still the bubble to get back to the village on safely.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Go for La Tania!

The new green run below the Gondola in La Tania is seen as being a "dark" green run! It's a bit steep in places for absolute beginners but they're still doing some work on it and the gondola may be a better option down if the snow is not good (no snow cannons on this run yet). Huge fun to blast down first thing in the morning though - it's like a boarder cross!

Remember there is the beginners slope right in the middle of resort with free drag lift - good for the first day (or maybe 2).

And of course there's still the free bus to 1850 - the area below the Altiport is probably the best beginners slope in the world - almost as wide as it is long, fenced off from good skiers coming from above and so, so smooth.......
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
truffaut, whilst I echo boredsurfin's, and kkev's, comments about La Tania ( I'm a fan of this resort ) I would have to say that IMO Courchevel 1650 would edge it based solely on your criteria of
Quote:
suitability for beginners
because of the terrain there ie wide open areas of gently sloping pistes which are great for beginners to progress onto. La Tania has a blue down into resort which is a lovely run no doubt, but it is the main route down into resort and can be a little busy, and traffic on a piste can disturb beginners. Although I have not used the new green into La Tania ( it's new this season right ? ) I suspect it is little more than a traverse down from 1850 rather than a true piste and may well have been built just to satisfy the marketing department's requirement for a green run so they can appeal more to beginners ( open to be shot down in flames here )
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks. It seems La Tania is a definite possibility, but better to try and get Courchevel 1650.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also depends on budget ~ you are likely to be able to find a much better price on accommodation and lessons (?) in La Tania rather than Courcheval, I would have thought.

I went there for my first ever ski holiday and it was great. Tended to take the gondola back down until late on in the week, and the main run back to resort is v busy, so best left to later on for beginners. We had lessons with Magic in Motion and I'd recommend them. It was April, so late in the season, but we only had 3 people in our group lesson, two of them being my partner and I, so it felt almost like a private lesson ~ with consequent great progression.

La Tania doesn't have huge apres, but what it does have is very friendly and fun. We had a chalet of 14 30-ish year olds, of mixed boarders and skiiers, and very mixed ability, and all had a great time.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just got back from La Tania last week, and have skied there for lunch several times in the past. A good beginner resort, with a good nursery slope and ESF and Magic in Motion ski schools on hand. People in my chalet used the latter and were happy.

The new "green" is only a green for the top half or so. It has some steep sections lower down and even cuts across the main red back to resort. I am not sure it is easier than the blue, but maybe it is a work-in-progress? As others have said there is still the gondola to get back. And excellent for families if that is relevant for you truffaut.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just got back from La Tania last week, 30th > 7th it was lovely and in my (limited) experience would be fine as a beginner resort... but also very easy to reach other areas - it's not a huge town but has everything you need..... Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Done Courchevel 1650 many times and love the runs into La Tania (not been this season so never done the green but not sure if I'd bother personally) but more to the point stopped in Reberty 2000 last year and I've no hesitation to recommend La Tania or 1650 any day of the week for charm and positon over Reberty (or any day of nthe year for that matter). Personally speaking I like 1650 better though more "charm" and quiet slopes.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy