Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One ski unstable

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a weird technique question and is probably difficult to answer without seeing it in action. I am an advanced skiier and have no problems on blacks however I have one issue that I believe in related to technique or body position. When skiing fast, or long straight aways with no turns, my right ski tends to get a little unstable and slide back and forth. I plan on getting a private lesson to diagnose next time I go out, but hoping for any suggestions you may have. I thought it might be I am just distributing too much weight on my left foot but consciously focusing on that didn't really seem to help,.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It would be worth your while to see if you need your 'cant' altering on that ski / boot. A good boot / ski fitter should be able to check you out.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@deadlymonkey, I'd start with technique before equipment.
It sounds like you just aren't weighting the ski enough.
When you say 'back and forth' do you mean forward and backwards or right to left?
Also, just the ski tip or the whole ski?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
On boot "Cant" adjustment is for comfort not performance
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@deadlymonkey, Welcome to snowHeads. I'm by no means an expert, but one ski unstable sounds like a weighting issue to me-your not weighting the skis evenly, as I see @flangesax had ashtray said
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you are just running straight down a gentle slope, do you find it easier to ski just on the left foot than on the right? with the other ski off the snow completely, I mean.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Often when you straight-line *with bases flat* the skis can wander from side to side a bit. If it only happens with one ski, it probably means you are either weighting the other more, or have the other on a slight edge.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Could be biomechanics. I demoed a pair of boots that I just couldn't ski in as it threw my alignment off so badly.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sad I don't think @deadlymonkey, cares anymore... Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name, seems to make a difference to me and my weirdness.
Certainly contributed to getting rid of an A-frame issue.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I get this too from time to time. I was in Flims last weekend and the home runs there have some long flat bits and I found it sometimes uncomfortable to just stand there, running straight, with no edging. One ski would wander about a bit. I tried transferring weight from one side to the other in a bid to even it out over both skis, but it still happened a bit. I was skiing on my Soul 7s which are fattish under foot. The next day I tested a pair of super G skis and they tracked straight and true with no issues on the same runs. So, I decided it's partly down to the width of ski - the fatter they are, the more they flap around.

I also took some comfort in watching my two ski buddies getting similar issues. Then I stopped worrying about it. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy