Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Restaurants accessable to pedestrians from Corvara

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All- given the hive mind and dolomite love here, I hope you will be able to help on this one...

Really looking forward to a return to the dolomites in a few weeks (especially looking at the webcams this morning!). For the first time this trip one of our number isn't skiing, and we would like to lunch with them on at least a few days without restricting too much where we ski... so I'm trying to work out which restaurants might be easily accessible to a pedestrian from Corvara. The options in Alta Badia are pretty self explanatory, but do you know if it's possible for a pedestrian to easily bus to Arraba/ Selva and then take lifts to mountain top restaurants? Any thoughts much appreciated. We'd love to get them to Comici, but I guess that's out of the question...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Direct access via gondolas for pedestrians from Corvara are:

1. Boe gondola will take you up to Piz Boe where you have the Alpine Lounge. This for you is directly on the Sella Ronda circuit
2. Col Alto gondola will take you up to the ski area above Corvara/San Cassiano/La Villa. Directly at the top of the gondola you have the Col Alto restaurant. But from there are only ski pistes to the rest of the area. I have not seen anything resembling a walking trail from here
3. Just above the village of Corvara, there is a chair that goes up to the Arlara restaurant. But I don’t think there is access on the chair to go back down. And again I don’t think there are any walking trails back down

From Corvara, pedestrians can also get the Borest gondola to Colfosco. From there they should be able to walk to the Colfosco gondola which will take you up above Colfosco and the Edelweiss restaurant

At Colfosco, they may be able to get the Sodlisia chair and from the top of that, walk down to the Plans/Frara gondola which will take them up to Jimmy’s hut just above Passo gardena (again on the Sella Ronda circuit). I have not seen anyone walk from top of Sodlisia chair to the gondola buy you may be able to, although you will be walking alongside a narrow piste that links the two.

I’m positive there is no public bus in wintertime to take you from Corvara over the pass to Selva. You would have to take a taxi.

As for Arraba, timetable I’m looking at says that bus leaves Corvara at 12:45 and arrives in Arraba at 13:05. It then returns at 14:30. But you may want to double check this in the tourist office

From Corvara there is definitely an hourly bus to San Cassiano and La Villa. From both of these villages you can take a gondola up to a restaurant. At Piz Sorega above San Cassiano there are two restaurants
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jimmybog wrote:
From Corvara, pedestrians can also get the Borest gondola to Colfosco. From there they should be able to walk to the Colfosco gondola which will take you up above Colfosco and the Edelweiss restaurant

That would involve crossing a piste, although it's not a major thoroughfare

If they took the bus to La Villa they could take the bubble up the hill and get to the St. Moritz and the one just along (small walk on edge of piste) which was recently recommended on here

jimmybog wrote:
At Piz Sorega above San Cassiano there are two restaurants

Yes but you would only ever go to Las Vegas - the other one is a bit poor (by dolomites standards)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett wrote:

That would involve crossing a piste, although it's not a major thoroughfare

It would, but like you say, not a major thoroughfare as most of the traffic would be coming from the Sella ronda route direct to the Borest gondola station, thus avoiding the piste you would have to walk on. Must admit though, I didnt see anyone walking on the pistes around there

Another option is to get the bus to Colfosco and walk down the side road next to the bank. That should take you straight to the Colfosco gondola (at least it does in summertime)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think the bus from Corvara to Colfosco has a stop in Colfosco right by the side of the Mathiaskeller Restaurant (which is part of the Hotel Luianta and is just to the right as you get off the top of the Sodlisia chairlift which is part of the Sella Ronda anticlockwise circuit). The food and interior decor there (including the bar stools as you enter wink ) are well worth a visit. Tripadvisor report
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks all- really helpful.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For reference the pedestrians got to:

Col Alt
Las Vegas (drove to San Cassiano)
Jimmys (drove to top of Colfosco then walked down to Plans)
Punta Trieste (took pralongia chairlift)
In town in Selva

Other options would have been alpine lounge, Moritzino and arguably Col Pradat (although a bit of a hair cross piste walk) as well as to Arabba.

Lifts typically cost them 8-10 euro per head return.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davelebus wrote:
For reference the pedestrians got to:

Col Alt
Las Vegas (drove to San Cassiano)
Jimmys (drove to top of Colfosco then walked down to Plans)
Punta Trieste (took pralongia chairlift)
In town in Selva

Other options would have been alpine lounge, Moritzino and arguably Col Pradat (although a bit of a hair cross piste walk) as well as to Arabba.

Lifts typically cost them 8-10 euro per head return.

Thanks for the update Davelbus. Hope they enjoyed them all. Suprised they didnt buy a points card for the lifts as it surely would have been cheaper than paying separately for each lift??

And how did they get down from Punta Trieste? Did they come down on the lift or walk down the red piste?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So am I- missed a trick there...

They took the lift back down.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy