Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Carroz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been to Flaine in the past but was very much put off by the lack of ambience in the resort, however the skiing was great. I am looking for a 4/5 day break near an airport and am considering Les Carroz any idea about the village, is it easy to acess the Flaine ski area, what is the village like and any acconodation ideas and entertainment in the evening bars resteraunts etc.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Access to Flaine is OK; a bubble, a short ski, a chair, a slightly longer ski, a chair and a longer ski and you're in Flaine. Perfectly acceptable (to me). Coming back is probably quicker. Access to Samoens and Morillon is similarly good; they're on the way to Flaine.

LC is fairly small and quiet. Enough restaurants, mainly serving the usual Savoyard grub, plus a Chinese and a pizza place (at least) and a few bars, exactly what you'd expect. There's a nightclub; it looked horrid, but they all do to me. No evidence of a pool or anything of that sort. Although the centre is small, LC is quite strung out. Access to the slopes is from the upper end, near the centre. If you can, stay in that area, otherwise you'll have to drive (which is not a huge problem, but I prefer not to).

It is as convenient for GVA as it looks on the map; all motorway apart from the last few miles up the mountain, I think.

If you want a quiet hol in a pleasant but unremarkable village, LC is fine. Ideal for a long weekend, in fact, which is what we had there, and what the old lady is having again in 10 days time, without me, which seems a bit unfair.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Carroz is well linked to entire Grand Massif area, no problem getting over to Flaine providing weather is OK, runs around resort & down to Morillion are nice & tree lined.
We like Carroz as it's got a bit more of the traditional village feel, no good if you want lively Apres Ski though.
You go through village on way up to Flaine by road.
We like it Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stayed there in 1993. No snow in Les Carroz, so we bussed it to flaine. I liked the skiing, but as you say flaine ain't pretty. Despite the lack of snow we had a good time. Always thought it would be good to go again.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whar about Samoens and Morillon as places to stay?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I suspect that they are both less convenient for the rest of the area than LC, although the slkiing immediately above Samoens is not bad (I've only stayed in LC). Samoens looked very quiet indeed. The gondola up to the skiing is outside the village, I suspect a drive or a bus ride. I assume that there is accomodation at samoens 1600, which is on the mountain, but I don't know. Morillon looks titchy, but I haven't seen it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just got back from Les Carroz myself and loved it. Ski bus is very good (advertised as every 20 mins but we never had to wait more than 10 mins) so not too much of a problem if you don't mind getting the bus. We managed to ski in Les Carroz, Morillon and Flaine and my friends also managed a few hours in Samoens so was very accessible (by our standards at least). All the above is right, very much the village feel, certainly prettier than Flaine and very quiet. I would recommend if you're not looking for lively apres ski. Lots of varied runs as well and just about all the lifts and pistes were open. Don't tell anyone though, Les Carroz is a well kept secret wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all your help!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy