Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any ski hire companies doing a discount atm?

Poster: A snowHead
Hey

Looking to hire 3 sets of black skiis for a long weekend in mid Jan.

Just missed out on an intersport promotion which had half price off the second ski pack.

Anyone aware of any other promotions at the moment?

Thanks

Michael
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alpine resorts

discounts - with your promotion code news133 on
ALPINRESORTS.com
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try skimium. You can often google further discount codes and there's an extra 5% for having a Decathlon card, which anyone can get.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowbrainer with code snow1 was in my inbox this morning
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Use ifyouski.com who have an affiliate deal with ski set that gets you an extra 5% off the current (already discounted) price:

http://www.skiset.co.uk/partner/ifyouski/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skiset.... TRESPASSVIP 10% off wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I don't really care who else you use but please don't book through the Skiset central system. If you want to use a skiset shop, go direct to the shop.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I used Ski set last week in Wengen (via the ifyouski affiliate deal) and paid 30% less than I would have done as a walk up in resort. Service perfect, kit very good with brand spanking new never been used skis and boots that were a season old but in fine nick.

If you want to pay the extra 35% for the EXACT same service and equipment then by all means walk up. But if you're savvy then you'll book ahead and save cash.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Alpine resorts

discounts - with your promotion code news133 on
ALPINRESORTS.com
Or... get the same discount at Alpinresorts using the code SNOWBALL and you'll be supporting snowHeads too. (if anyone finds a better discount code than ours PM Admin please as I have been assured that ours will always equal the best)

Btw. The news133 code is only for France.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
froomie wrote:
I used Ski set last week in Wengen (via the ifyouski affiliate deal) and paid 30% less than I would have done as a walk up in resort. Service perfect, kit very good with brand spanking new never been used skis and boots that were a season old but in fine nick.

If you want to pay the extra 35% for the EXACT same service and equipment then by all means walk up. But if you're savvy then you'll book ahead and save cash.
Alternatively, contact the shop directly before you go and ask them to do the same discount: 9 out of 10 will say yes and thank you for it. They don't have to give skiset their pound of flesh and if a complication arises you are dealing direct with the supplier rather than that nasty bunch of greedy middlemen.
I'm not saying it's not worth booking ahead for a discount and I'm not even saying don't use the skiset shops (which are mostly independently owned, hard working and decent) - I'm saying Skiset central booking operation are bad for the shops, for the customers and for the industry in general and supporting them with your business should be avoided if possible.

Alpinresorts, snowbrainer, Sport2000, Skimium, Twinner and Intersport all have similar advance booking systems.
Using either of the first two helps support snowHeads if you use our discount codes, using the other four doesn't but nevertheless, I recommend you use any of them rather than Skiset.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hmmm. Not sure I follow the logic of Ski set being a horrible bunch of nasty, greedy middlemen, yet all other middlemen are fine to use. Business model is pretty much the same regardless of which middleman you use. What makes ski set so appalling? Could it be anything to do with Snowheads vested interests?

No ski rental shop is using Skiset against their will. As you rightly point out above, there are loads of alternatives also available, yet a huge number of shops CHOOSE to be part of the Ski Set network. If they all object so fiercly then why aren't they with Sport 2000, Intersport, Twinner etc?

Contacting the shop directly in order to just get a price that's already freely available for an online booking. I think not, who knows how long you have to spend on the phone to Switzerland at £1 a minute? Who knows how good the communication will be, can you guarantee getting someone who speaks English when they pick up? I'd far sooner book it myself, have it black and white in front of me and collect from the shop without hassle, exactly what I did in Wengen last week. Friendly service in the shop and no-one there seemed put out by my decision to book it online.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ReflexReact, I normally use Alpinresorts but forgot to sort it out prior to last trip. So I just went in with quote on the phone screen and asked if the guy was happy to give me the Alpinresorts price and he was because he made more money that way.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Or... get the same discount at Alpinresorts using the code SNOWBALL and you'll be supporting snowHeads too. (if anyone finds a better discount code than ours PM Admin please as I have been assured that ours will always equal the best)

My friend just used this code (SNOWBALL) a few minutes ago and it is the same discount
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've no opinion either way on SkiSet but if anyone uses Quidco then you can get up to 7% cashback on your online purchase. If you add that to a discount code it'll save a few quid!
Snow Rental is also on there but I don't really know who they are!
ski holidays
Just to add to the debate I've used skiset quite a few times but didn't know you could get a discount! If I can use a link that reduces the price by a decent amount then it's a no brainer!
ski holidays
It's been a while since i hired in France ( 3 or 4 seasons i expect ) but my 'trick' was to get a feel for the online price beforehand, take a screen print, then walk into the shop of my choice in resort ( based on location, quality of gear, etc etc ) and just ask what their best price was - 9.5 times out of 10 it was within spitting distance of the figure that was in my pocket, once or twice i got the screen print out, and they soon got remarkably close with no bother whatsoever. As @admin says, you then have a relationship with the local supplier, at a price that both parties are comfortable with, rather than being a high volume - low margin reference number from head office. I've done all of my skiing in Austria in recent years, and I'm only hiring kids gear, but it feels like a completely different world. Ski hire at a sensible price with a willingness to negotiate ( except the Arlberg of course ), high quality gear, and staff who don't seem to resent your very existence wink
ski holidays
PS Anyone got a Intersport Austria discount code ? wink
ski holidays
Just had an email from Skimium offering another 10% off their "normal" 20-50% off with the code NEIGE16 they also give 5% for 4 packs ( no help to @ReflexReact) or more and another 5% for a Decathlon card, just need to register with Decathlon to get a membership number
snow conditions
When I tried getting the skimium discount direct with my local shop, which I know well, it was no go. So I use skimium for all my visitors who need to hire skis
ski holidays
If its helpful...
I've just done the whole process to compare skiset and alpinresorts.

Half term, vallandry, 7days, 3 xskis, 2xsnowboards, 4xboots, 5xhelmets

Skiset with all codes - £364
Alpinresorts with SNOWBALL - £245

Thanks admin!
snow conditions
Alpinresorts don't seem to do Canazei anyone any idea of somewhere that does a discount for there?

Edit they do actually but it wasn't on the list from the links that I could see.

Have booked but am going skiing twice this month and put in the wrong date. I'm a dozy fecker sometimes. rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
Timberwolf wrote:
PS Anyone got a Intersport Austria discount code ? wink

Can anybody help here? St Anton specifically. snowHead
snow report
I used Alpinresorts for booking in St Anton for last season
snow report
NickyJ wrote:
I used Alpinresorts for booking in St Anton for last season

Thanks, I used them last year, and may again with the snowheads code.

The reason I asked about Intersport , is we are staying very close to them and have a locker with them included in our accommodation. We can always hire elsewhere and still use the depot.
snow report
Is the intersport not coming up with them? You could try snowbrainer as well, they come up with different shops in some resorts.
latest report
Anyway, why do you want black skis ? Everyone knows red skis are the fastest.
ski holidays
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'd like to try to go directly to the skiset shop (as suggested by admin) in Alpage du Chantel, Arc 1800.
Anyone any idea how on earth I find an email address for them? I can't seem to get past the central ski set booking engine to cobtact details for an individual shop....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snow report
@swoafs, Contact details here:
http://www.my-ski.fr/en/shop_detail/skiset-alpage-du-chantel#ad-image-0
ski holidays
swoafs wrote:
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'd like to try to go directly to the skiset shop (as suggested by admin) in Alpage du Chantel, Arc 1800.
Anyone any idea how on earth I find an email address for them? I can't seem to get past the central ski set booking engine to cobtact details for an individual shop....

These guys?

SKISET BELLES CHALLES

BOOK IN THIS SHOP Autres magasins de la station

ADDRESS

Mail: belleschalles@my-ski.fr
Tel: 04 79 07 71 15
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy