Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private Lessons La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Going to La Plagne for a week in March and looking for an instructor to have a few private lessons with. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Thank you!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dani and Craig from Lime Snowsports were great with our kids. They'll come to any area of La Plagne.
If you're near Plagne Centre, Reflex also come highly recommended; I had some amazing off piste lessons with Youri but if you contact the owners wife Caroline (who I think is English), she'll recommend the best one of their team for what you need.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for Lime
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://limesnowsports.com
https://www.facebook.com/LimeSnowsports/?fref=ts
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://limesnowsports.com
https://www.facebook.com/LimeSnowsports/?fref=ts

Be sure to book asap
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
chrisflavell, another option is Reflex Ski School.
I know lots of people who swear by Christophe Lagu - he is very good with nervous adult skiers who have got stuck.
I've had Telemark lessons with Thierry Bruynooghe - he was excellent: patient, encouraging and lots of fun.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

chrisflavell, another option is Reflex Ski School.
I know lots of people who swear by Christophe Lagu - he is very good with nervous adult skiers who have got stuck.

+1

Really good teacher and all round nice guy.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I posted the same Q a few weeks ago and have booked with Reflex.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have used Oxygene from Belle Plagne.
Can recommend Nico Roch and Antoine Raskin, both did great things for me as a nervous early intermediate, both French but excellent English.
My husband (confident advanced intermediate) recommends Jenny from Oxygene, he has had lessons from her over the last 3 years and has found her great and is most unwilling to use anybody else. She is Welsh, so no issues with English language.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sorry i thought you said we was Welsh Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
last year my mate used the local ski school but then had an extra lesson with Oxygen, he couldnt recommend them highly enough
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another vote for Jenny at Oxygene in Plagne Centre. Very astute and picks up on the vital details quickly. Doesn't waste a moment. Also fun to be with.

snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
+1 for Christophe Lagu at Reflex. snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oxygene are imo the best in resort. If your not a confident skier or don't live near the meeting point, they will even pick you up and drive you to it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
-1 for Lime (minus 1).

My partner booked a private lesson with lime after I read advice on forums.

The instructor didn't turn up.

Mistakes happen and if handled in the right way I wouldn't be posting this. We spoke to Craig who was good on the phone explaining that the lesson hadn't been booked in with him and wasn't his fault but he didn't have availability to offer us a re-booking at a time that fitted in with our plans. I asked him to email my partner the available times that they did have and asked if they could do anything for us.

The really annoying part was the rude email we then received from Danni. Without boring you all it was disgraceful. We are currently awaiting another reply and if it's equally as disgusting I might post the email chain on a new thread here to help others avoid the same fate.
snow report
My group had very good experiences with Katia from Reflex and Oxygene for cross-country skiing last week. I would happily book with them again.
ski holidays
@ibexag, so they did go ahead with the XC despite the great downhill conditions! Glad the lessons were good. How did they get on?
snow report
@pam w, yes, they decided to mix up the week with a bit of cross-country at the start and downhill later in the week.

The lessons ended up being in classic style as there didn't seem to be anywhere to rent skating style equipment (the hire shop weren't even aware of the difference Confused), but by the end of the lessons they were happily getting round the trails above Plagne Soleil. The instructor was really friendly, and provided a pick up service from the accommodation to the trail.
latest report
I have posted this reply on the other post Petesnow has written, I have just found this thread so wanted to post it here as well so people do get both sides.

Hi,
this is Dani from Lime Snowsports and I just wanted to clarify a few details regarding this post.
Emma booked via email and all booking and payment details were sent, our booking policy is all lessons have to be fully paid for before arrival in resort. We then received an email from her stating 'I am having trouble paying with my online banking.' As the lesson date was very close I agreed she could pay on the day - this is where the error occurred on MY part as it did not go onto our lesson planning this had to be manually done totally my fault!.
I put my hands up and apologised this was the email I sent to Emma as soon as I knew there was a problem

'HI Emma
I am SO SO SO sorry about today - it is completely my fault and an error with our planning. Craig rang you this afternoon to try and re-schedule, he spoke to your partner.
If you do wish to take the lesson slot tomorrow at 2.30pm to 4.30pm we can offer this at a reduced rate of 110 Euros.
Please let me know this evening if you would like to take tomorrows lesson.
Please accept my sincere apologies.
Dani

At this this point no money had ever changed hands, I totally understand that Emma had been waiting but Craig had rung her a number of times on the contact information given. Craig was available to take start this lesson around 30 mins late. Please find the correspondence below -

Emma's reply to my email -
Hi,
I am really disappointed and pretty upset. I feel like I've missed the first day of my holiday as I waited for my lesson and after waiting for 40 minutes I was absolutely freezing and gave up!
Although I do really want a lesson i don't want to miss out on skiing with my family again who have been heading quite far so I wouldn't get back in time. And it makes a very expensive day and half with no skiing especially as I've paid for a lift pass.
Once again, I'm so disappointed! Especially as I picked you from the reviews online.
Emma

Once I received this email I was upset to be accused as the cause of Emma choosing not to ski out side of a one off afternoon ski lesson. In her first email she stated her level as 'I can parallel turn, but I think my technique needs working on!' the ski area in La Plagne has lots of lovely ski runs that a parallel skier can practice on.

My reply to Emma was -
Hi Emma
I am very sorry you feel this way and like I have said in my earlier email I am extremely sorry, I am afraid I am not perfect and mistakes do happen - I am afraid this is the first time in 3 years of lime that a mistake has been made.

For your information Craig called you at 1455 and left you a message, he then continued to call for another half an hour. If you had answered your phone we could have carried out the lesson today with a half an hour delay.

Your morning ski plans are completely outside our control and for you to say you have missed the first day of your holiday is slightly exaggerated. You choosing not to ski in the morning was entirely your choice, nothing to do with us at Lime Snowsports.

The reason your lesson was not on the planning and a mistake was made, was because you stated you were having trouble doing a bank transfer (most of our Clients pay by bank transfer and don't seem to have a problem) please also note you had the option to pay by card. You then emailed and asked if you could pay cash on the day (something we very rarely allow as payment is needed in full before the lesson (please see our terms and conditions) hence the lesson was not automatically put on the planning, this had to be done manually- my mistake.

We have offered to re- schedule your lesson at a further discount which you have chosen not to take. We also could had started your lesson approx half an hour late today had you been contactable.
Once again I am very sorry.
I hope you have a great holiday
Dani

This was Emma's reply -
Hi Danni
Your first paragraph reads well and shows the kind of apology required however, 'for your information' the rest of your email shows that it was not at all genuine.
Unfortunately the first missed call I received was at 15:19, I would gladly have started half hour late. There was a voicemail left at 14:56 that I regrettably didn't realise I had received until the one time my phone did ring.
Indeed the reason I didn't ski in the morning was out of your control. However, non the less as I planned the day around the time of my booked lesson I still feel that I have missed my first days skiing down to you. To say that I am exaggerating is plain rude.
To be honest, I don't really mind how many people pay you by whatever method. You accepted the booking with payment to be given on the day. Suggesting that I could have paid by card instead is again pointing out how genuine you are not being.
Mistakes happen. I certainly know this but it is how you handle a mistake that shows how good your customer service is. A heartfelt apology would have left me satisfied. Your colleague Craig was very good on the phone according to my partner, perhaps you could take pointers from him. The only reason we didn't sign up to another lesson with him is due to the fact that he didn't have a slot tomorrow morning.
My experience with you and your company has not been a good one. Perhaps I seem to be still exaggerating to you but with all of the planning that goes into my holiday which I work hard for it is upsetting.
Emma.

My reply to Emma -

Hi Emma,

Many thanks for your comments.
The first email that you received from me this evening was expressing my sincere apologies......

I am SO SO SO sorry about today - it is completely my fault and an error with our planning.
Craig rang you this afternoon to try and re-schedule, he spoke to your partner.
If you do wish to take the lesson slot tomorrow at 2.30pm to 4.30pm we can offer this at a reduced rate of 110 Euros.
Please let me know this evening if you would like to take tomorrows lesson.
Please accept my sincere apologies.
Dani

You stated in your last email 'A heartfelt apology would have left me satisfied.' This is was the reason for my first email. I only responded to your questionable remarks and stated the facts.
I am very sorry this does not sit well with you. There is nothing more I can do and I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Dani

To sum it all up it was totally may fault Emma's lesson was not on our planning however we did every thing we could to start the lessons 30/40 mins late. At no point had any moneys been paid and at no point did we ever manage to speak to Emma.
I am sincerely sorry and have always been for the mistake made on my part.

I hope this clarifies a few things.

Dani - www.limesnowsports.com
ski holidays
+1 for Lime. Positive experience with them (Craig) in March this year.
ski holidays
@PeteSnow, as my teenage daughters would say I think you just got owned!
snow conditions
@jirac18, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Lots at Oxygene are great - I may be biased as I use them by default.
snow report
+1 For Lime. Used them twice, brilliant both times
snow conditions
I had a couple of 1:1 lessons with Reflex last season - very good, knew exactly what I needed to improve and improved it. Wasn't with Christophe so may have been with Thierry!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy