Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens - Private Lessons?

Poster: A snowHead
I've done some searching for private lessons in VT and come up with Skicool and ESF? Does anyone have any other recommendations, probably looking for 2-3 days mornings or afternoons. We're 7-8 on the Insideout scale, looking for bumps, piste and steeps... Anyone got any other recommendations?

I've also seen Marmalade in Meribel, but wondered about getting over in bad vis and whether it's worthwhile traveling over for lessons if there is something in VT. Had some lessons in ValD with TDC last March and enjoyed them...

Advice appreciated! Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Xavier at ESF in Orelle - speaks really good English, knows 3V like back of his hand, ex pro with Head ski team.

Tél. : +33.6.85.75.21.17
esf_orelle@yahoo.fr
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Levi215, Prosneige are another one to consider. Phillipe is highly recommended and he's been a great addition to Snowhead bashes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also Claude Decagny. http://www.ski-pros.com/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the tips, i'll take a look
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Marmalade are absolutely excellent. I can't recommend them highly enough. If you don't want to ski across, for private lessons in low season they might be willing to come across to you - it's worth asking.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tccambs wrote:
Marmalade are absolutely excellent. I can't recommend them highly enough. If you don't want to ski across, for private lessons in low season they might be willing to come across to you - it's worth asking.

We're second week in Jan, i guess thats low season? Should be dead (hopefully)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Levi215 wrote:
tccambs wrote:

We're second week in Jan, i guess thats low season? Should be dead (hopefully)

Yeah. I would definitely get in touch with them to ask.

FWIW I had Greg - he was brilliant.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Private = just the two of us...

@geepee, do you know if they even do privates? looks to be all group stuff?
@alti - dude, similarly with ESF?
@tccambs, thanks i'll ask, English school or?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's a few years ago now....about nine years at a guess but had very good private lessons with Ski Cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Levi215, yes he does do private lesson - many friends have used him on this basis. Just depends if he's booked up so don't hang around. His side kicks are good as well.

Just give him a bell
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Levi215, I'd recommend David Mitchell, the English instructor at the ESF. More info here http://www.davidmitchell-ski.co.uk
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A vouch for Etienne from ESF and Hassen from FSA. The former has great technique and skis a lot of the gnarly bits. The latter is hard to match for style and fun.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm looking for private lessons for my 8 yr old son in Val Thorens - 1st week April. He has hemiplegia, but uses normal skis & this will be his 4th week skiing. Any suggestions? Any independent instructors out there? Thanks!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sorry, nothing to add to the suggestions above.

Someone who does know more will be along shortly.
ski holidays
Would highly recommend New Gen in that area. I had a few lessons with Sam earlier this year when I was in Les Men but I know they cover VT as well. Get in touch with Heidi at the office with your needs and I’m sure they will be able to accommodate.
latest report
Deleted
ski holidays
RBuckland wrote:
I'm looking for private lessons for my 8 yr old son in Val Thorens - 1st week April. He has hemiplegia, but uses normal skis & this will be his 4th week skiing. Any suggestions? Any independent instructors out there? Thanks!

Alain Poux at Prosneige. He's an expert in all areas of adaptive skiing, is a brilliant instructor in all senses, and great with kids.
snow conditions
Thanks all - all sorted now (Marina from Skicool)
latest report
Rather than starting new thread, following in from this and following the recommendations I am failing to find what I am looking for (could just be me doing it wrong!).

My youngest suffers from dyspraxia and is on the autistic spectrum. We have got her to a level where she can ski down blue runs nicely but she does not get on well in group lessons (struggles to process the instructions, doesn’t like following others etc) so putting her in group lessons again will turn her off (she likes the skiing but doesn’t like lessons), however I would like her to still develop and improve so would like to get her a couple of 1hr morning (would go to two hours if needed but this is from an ability to concentrate) only private lessons.

So need a patient / understanding instructor who I can book a couple of sessions in a week for morning only (this will be for during the SFaB2018).

ProsNeige seem to only offer private starting from 12:30, SkiCool private for 6 days.... stopped my random searching after that. Thanks for recommendations.
ski holidays
Maybe try skicool again - I've just booked 4 x private morning lessons (2.5hrs) 1st week of easter with Marina
snow report
Be aware, Skicool are not independent: they are simply a 'rebrand' by the local ESF, looking to get around the ESF's negative image. Last season, I gave a lift to a couple of instructors hitch-hiking up the hill. They worked for Skicool and were somewhat taken aback that I was aware it was ESF by another name as, "ze Eenglish is not supposed to know" rolling eyes

Anyway, @NickyJ, I suspect, if we work as a group, we could probably occupy an instructor for a full day or 3. I've pretty good contacts around VT now so I expect we'll find someone good.
I've just texted one of our favourites, who lives in Meribel, to see if he's got time that week.
ski holidays
Also - try contacting www.Ongosa.com - they have a network of schools & independent instructors . Good luck
snow report
I enjoyed ESF ski school level 3 in Val Thorens last April. The group was a bit large (8-10) but the instructor was great fun and my skiing improved alot.
snow report
A lady called Jouelle (I think) @ skicool first taught me and a couple of friends to ski & have had subsequent lessons from her husband Phillipe who also works there. Both were fantastic.
ski holidays
admin wrote:
Be aware, Skicool are not independent: they are simply a 'rebrand' by the local ESF, looking to get around the ESF's negative image. Last season, I gave a lift to a couple of instructors hitch-hiking up the hill. They worked for Skicool and were somewhat taken aback that I was aware it was ESF by another name as, "ze Eenglish is not supposed to know" rolling eyes

Anyway, @NickyJ, I suspect, if we work as a group, we could probably occupy an instructor for a full day or 3. I've pretty good contacts around VT now so I expect we'll find someone good.
I've just texted one of our favourites, who lives in Meribel, to see if he's got time that week.

This sounds good!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy