Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bulgaria resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking at goin to Bulagria, PAMPOROVO next january. I am a complete neebie to the whole skiing thing and need advice.

Im looking at the hotel PAMPOROVO or Finilia (something like that). Has anyone been to this area and specifically any of the two hotels?

Any info/tips/advice well appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wavey, Welcome to Snowheads (I've always wanted to welcome someone). Unfortunately I can't help you but I'll guess that you will be "Snowed" under with information very soon.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome along Wavey.
Wavey wrote:
I am a complete neebie

wink

snowHead

You will get alot of help and advice in here. However if like me when you get back from your skiing holiday you are on such a low frequent visits here just do not help.

But I cant keep away snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wavey - I learnt to ski in Pamporovo in 1997, then went back in 98 - not sure how much it has changed since then.

It's a small resort and you get a bus transfer to the slopes 10-15 minutes. The ski area is fine for a begginer but would be limited for an experienced skiier. The instruction there is superb, if a small guy by the name of Mario is still around you would have a brilliant laugh (although on the last day of our week, I think he got sacked because instead of doing the usual ski test he simply said you've all passed and we spent the afternoon in the pub taking the P out of other ski groups Laughing ).

Places to go for night life is limited but in a way that helps because everyone is in the same place - The White Hart pub. Plenty of Happy Hours.

You'll have a great time. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wavey, My family all did two years at Pamporovo when we first started and loved it. This was back in 1997 and there was a revolution on at the time, which added interest!

The ski area is quite small, but we found the instruction excellent. The instructors look after you all day and speak very good English. This was a big bonus for us.

The hire gear was OK, but we didn't know any better then.

The food can be a bit strange, but then you are in Eastern Europe and it ain't like home.

My main objection was that we spent too much time snowploughing a narrow icy track, but it was a lot of fun. It is certainly very cheap.

I thought the food was OK but then I’ve eaten in Russia. There is always plenty and they give you the best they’ve got. The locals will tell you there is a crime wave and I have heard reports of petty theft. Take small denomination UK and Euro notes. There are no bank facilities apart from the hotels. Buy the fake CDs. They are good.

The people are friendly and love a good time. Your instructor may well buy you a jug of wine and dance on the table in ski-boots. They may not have much money but are proud and well-educated. They also smoke like chimneys, incessantly.

Eight of us drank all night for £11! Local vodka and brandy was around £1 a bottle, and easily worth that….

Pizza and stuff is readily available if you can’t stand the hotel food.

Hope this helps. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the info guys.

Sounds like a good place to go for beginners, on a small budget. Will give it a go, and dancing on the tables in my snow boots, thats for me (I assume you mean snow boots and nothing else Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi. I've been to Pamporovo three times so far and will return for the fourth time next month.

I've stayed in the Pamporovo Hotel last year. Yes it may be Bulgarian 4*, but I'm not sure that I would stay there again. It was clean and warm and the food was okay, but the prices in the hotel bars were inflated compared to the rest of the resort. It has a pool, but it wasn't the warmest pool I've ever been into and the staff didd not give Bulgaria a good name.
The people on the whole in the resort are very very friendly, but not in this hotel.
We had three rooms booked. One was really nice, the other two felt more like staff quarters. (But we were there during the over booking fiasco, so I should be pleased we had rooms!).
I've stayed in both the Orpheus (2*, no pool) and the Perilik (3* with pool) and probably the best value for money was the Orpheus.
We're staying at the Rohzen (2* no pool) this year because it's the only place we can get the combination of rooms that we need, but it is right in the centre of the resort which will allow us to use the pool either at the Perilik or the Mourgavets for a small charge.
The general belief is that the Mourgavets up to last year was the best hotel to stay in (4*, with pool in resort centre), but there has been a flurry of new hotels gone up this year, so there may now be something better.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for that. Im at looking at staying in the hotel Prespa which is 3* and reportably only 600m (walking distance) to the ski lifts; it is also £100 pp cheaper. Has anyone been there to confirm how close it is to the ski lifts ot how good/bad the hotel is?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We have only skiied in Borovet, BG and think the Bulgarians and resort are brilliant. We are off to Morzine this season mainly to check ou the differences.

If you want answers to specific questions regarding Bulgaria then try these 2 sites as well as they are both dedicated to skiing in BG:

http://skidvd.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

http://www.bulgariaski.com/

Hope this helps

Ellie Razz
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy