Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switzerland (from Zurich) - Feb 13-20

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've booked a ticket to Zurich for a week in February to warm up for an April base camp trip in BC.
My initial idea is to go to Andermatt and, depending on conditions, either ski around the resort with some sidecountry touring or take the haute route to Engelberg. Anyone else keen?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
These are two of my favorite places to ski so maybe if i can get my fitnes level up...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's an easy train to St Anton also
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@peanuthead, thanks, even more options! If anyone else wants to join in my gamble that there will be snow in the eastern alps, we can decide where to go last minute based on conditions.

@Downhill Sailor, I'm thinking along the same lines. This February trip will be a gauge of how much more ready I need to be for April.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Andermatt and Engelberg should give plenty of off piste skiing without traveling to St Anton which I suspect will be quite busy in Feb.
Would you be keen to hire a guide for a few days?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Downhill Sailor, Yes, why not. I generally try to get a good idea of the layout using Google Earth and go off that, but I'm certainly keen on guiding if there's a few people and it's cost effective. I'm not sure if lots of people from other countries will be on holidays then and how easy it would be to find another group to join forces.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is the Haute Route doable usually in Feb?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was reminded it is Valentines weekend so sorry but I have boyfriend duties and am now going to Morzine for my girlfriends first ski trip...
Next time!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Change of plans for me too: going to Sion area with my father who has dodgy knees. Anyone in the area and keen to ski all the (apparently) incoming snow in the 4 valleys?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy