Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ekosport - great service

Poster: A snowHead
Ordered new skis for my daughter yesterday morning and arrived just after lunch today (from France) Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had good service a couple of years ago, tracked to the UK then a week to reach me in Kent! It was a bad winter

Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've bought tons of stuff from them. The people in the shop at Frontennex are very good as is the mail order service. The business changed hands last year (formerly owned by someone referred to as the "Corsican weasel" by the staff) but I've not noticed any difference in the service.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1, just bought some boots, ordered Sunday arrived Tuesday, First class Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another thumbs up - ordered some new skins on Sun, arrived from France Wed morning (and Mon was Boxing day P/H). Only negative was £8 shipping cost, but even with this the sale price skins were still much cheaper than I could find anywhere else.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just looking at some new snowboard boots from them. I need to order a few pairs to find ones that fit properly, which means I'll definitely need to return some. I can't find if they pay return postage or I have to on their website and the helpline was closed today. With £8 postage and then potentially another £10+ to return it starts to become less attractive. Also some feedback suggests that getting a refund is pretty difficult, although this may have improved with the new owners.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
you pay for returns
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Graucho,

Quote:

With £8 postage and then potentially another £10+ to return it starts to become less attractive.

Well they're not operating a charity, so either find out what you want first and then order; or bite the bullet for the convenience of trying them on at home.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bought lots of stuff from them over the years, both at the shop and online. But somehow since they set up their UK portal, they don't seem to stock want we are looking for. As for charging for postage and returns, these have to be paid for somehow, would you prefer they priced it into the individual articles?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Likewise I've used them a lot and generally had excellent service and very cheap prices. However, when an order of mine was recently lost in transit they were useless at resolving (at least 6 broken promises regarding calling me back) and I eventually executed a chargeback through my credit card after 3 weeks of failed communication. One of the staff members at the .co.uk operation told me that they were separate from the French operation, could only communicate with France by email, nobody in the uk team spoke French, and they were dependent on the English-speaking people in France being around to deal with problems.

Wouldn't stop me ordering from them again, but a bit like some of the others (snowinn springs to mind) you need to be aware of the downsides and use a credit card!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ok - bit the bullet and ordered 3 pairs of snowboard boots from them. I know at least 2 are going back but the price was just too good to resist £99 for boots that are £157 on the second cheapest site. Worth the gamble as if they fit then they'll still have only cost £125 with delivery and returns. I'll see how the returns go and how quickly they refund the cost.

I've also ordered 2 pairs from Blue Tomato with free delivery and free returns as a back up.

We'll see how this all pans out !
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
good luck fella
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thought I'd update this thread with my experiences:

Ekosport - quick delivery and the cheapest prices by quite a way. Despite previous responses the returns postage was free. Returned 2 pairs of boots and kept one pair. Returns process is fairly straightforward but a bit slow and refunds can take a while. I returned the boots over 2 weeks ago and the refund came through today.

Blue Tomato: also quick delivery and prices cheap compared to UK prices (I think this is dependent on exchange rates). Had to return the boots I ordered but no problems, free returns and refund was really quick. One thing to bear in mind is that the transaction is in euros. If the rate changes significantly between purchase and return you can either lose out or gain. The £ dropped against the Euro quite significantly and I ended up making a profit on the exchange.

Surfdome: UK company and excellent customer service. Quick delivery, simple free returns process and quick refunds.

Absolute-snow: UK company and excellent customer service. Quick delivery, simple free returns process and quick refunds.

The Board Basement: Next Day delivery and very good prices. No feedback on returns process as didn't use it.

HTH
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+1 for Ekosport. I just bought some Soul 7's from them with bindings for about 10% more than second hand prices. Ordered on a Thursday and delivered on the Monday, although they promised delivery would be Wednesday.

I wouldn't hesitate to reorder form them
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
+2 for Ekosport, ordered replacement lenses for my googles and was kept up to date both by Ekosport & DPD when they were going to be delivered direct to resort.
latest report
another plus for Ekosport, got skis and boots for cheaper than I could have got them 2nd hand!!
latest report
Another plus for Ekosport, got Jnr some recreation skis so he doesn't batter his SL skis on the school trip. Fast delivery and low prices.

Another to add to the list @Graucho, started is Extremepie. UK based company. Ordered a Dakine ski bag on Saturday, arrived Tuesday, a decent price too.
snow report
And me! Love the shop, usually try to schedule a stop at the shop at least once a season. I haven't tried ordering online yet, must give it a go
ski holidays
Just used Glisshop for a new pair of q98s....excellent comms, 3 days delivery, item just as ad described.....

oh yes and a pretty decent price compared to ekosport and much better than in resort

www.glisshop.co.uk
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy