Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The 2016 snowHeads calendar - with Buttons!

Poster: A snowHead

Cover = Taos closing weekend by Essexes
January = Rick - Sonnenkopf by Dulcamara
February = Hazzard in the Trees by U brain
March = Mont Blanc Cloud inversion by Duke01
April = Junior Coe Cup - Glencoe Mountain by StephenS
May = Aliens at Mannlichen by Alastair Pink
June = Glenshee by Deedee
July = A place to rest by 123_456
August = Dolomites by Magriggs
September = Mist over Clévieux by DJ
October = Irbis and the orange sky by Horizon
November = Big Red Taxi by Bones
December = Early in Albiez by Altis
Thank you all for your contributions and votes. After a slow start, we eventually had even more photos submitted this year than last and most were quite stunning so once again we have (IMHO) another lovely snowHeads calendar!

Congratulations to the featured photographers !

We're expecting delivery this afternoon.
Technically the post office doesn't guarantee delivery before Christmas posting today but it is still possible so we'll do a post office run just before it closes at 18:00 and cross our fingers that most get through in time.
If you'd like one delivered direct to someone else just enter their address during the order process.

Merry Christmas!
Calendars 2017 NOT

snowHeads Calendars 2017
This year's montage of snowy masterpieces. Postage is the same for one or two but it doesn't add up to send more than 2 in one envelope so if you need to order more than 2 please do so with multiple orders.
P&P: £2.65

Quantity: GBP 10.50 (It's Cheaper for a superMegasnowHead)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 24-12-15 18:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Photographers - there's a separate button coming to order your photographer's copy.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Graham - had various issues trying to place an order, then I noticed the photographers copy. So I tried to buy the photographers copy .... but it didn't take me to paypal. Now it's saying that I've bought one already. Seems it's remembering something that didn't happen
Can you reset for me so that I can buy it!

StephenS
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@StephenS, there was a wee bug with the Photographers' button - should be OK now.
I've cleaned your slate - try again! snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Graham, as suggested I ordered 1 on the normal button, so can you please stick my extra photographer's copy in with it when you post it. Thanks! snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No probs @Alastair Pink snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks - got one this time - made you a small donation too, so that (I hope) you are not out of pocket for the "free" photographer copy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Button pushed😄👍
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's very kind - thanks! snowHead

In theory, this all adds up to break even... in theory Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK, that's the first wave off in the post.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Uggh time differences new mexico to UK. I'll try give you a call in the morning here.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nice work on hitting the post @admin, it arrived today. I haven't opened it yet, as Mrs. Tubaski has intercepted it and is insisting on giving it to me as my Christmas present
or, optimistically, one of them
. This also means I've just had to wrap it in festive paper. Not entirely sure I've got the right end of this presents thing ...
...or maybe I'm just playing along in the hopes of getting a pass for the EoSB...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Many thanks Admin for the prompt delivery. Arrived this morning. I now feel Christmassy as its on the wall and the season can start. Better snow soon Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh good - I'm glad at least some have arrived in time for Christmas snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@admin, Thanks, mine arrived safely yesterday as well. snowHead
ski holidays
@admin, thanks, got my package a few days back, great fun so far being on the cover. Just heading down to Texas for the weekend deliver a few more Smile
snow conditions
Hey,

how come my pics weren't used in the calendar?

I had the 3rd and 4th slots by public vote and neither were used.

Someone asked for a high res version in late November (didn't make clear of which one or if you wanted both, so I sent both anyway) then I never heard anything more.

Just looked today and seen I wasn't included. Crying or Very sad

nb photos were by picaroon. I've had login issues in the past and seem to have ended up with 2 different accounts (but I add that didn't vote on mine or anyone else's photos with either).
snow report
Bump, @admin , anyone...
snow report
Bump

Wondering why my pictures weren't used in the calendar, please?

I'm a bit confused. Was a Monsieur Sepp Blatter involved in the picking process?
snow conditions
Bumpy, bump bump. Puzzled
latest report
Bump. Curious lack of feedback on here.
ski holidays
@picaresque, I'm just guessing here, as I've neither submitted nor voted on the calendar buttons... but looking at the snowMedia zone, I think a rating is based on average score by raters, not adjusted for number of raters? So a photo with only 1 rating, of 10, would appear to come first. In that case, then there might have been a cutoff so that say, only photos which had at least 20 ratings were considered. Just a guess mind.
ski holidays
Hi. Thanks for replying.

Pretty sure it wasn't that though. All the pictures in the running seem to have a fairly similar numbers of votes.

And I didn't vote on mine or anyone else's pictures (unlike some, I might add, who looked to be tactically voting low on their competitors' pics).

Go to 2015 vintage and sort by 'rating' and 'descending'. You'll see my pics at 3rd and 4th. I defy anyone to say they didn't merit inclusion.

Not the end of the world, just seems a bit curious, as does this prolonged lack of response from admins
Puzzled
latest report
*coughs*
latest report
Has the Chilcot Enquiry delivered yet?

Just wondering, like...
ski holidays
@picaresque, disappointing you have had no response
latest report
@picaresque, do you have any interest in, or desire to contribute to the forum other than getting your photos published in a calendar? This seems to be the only topic on which you have posted.

If I remember rightly, the publication of the last calendar was wholly if not exclusively admin's work, so in other circumstances one might expect a reply from him. But he has been and continues to be extremely busy with the organisation of snowHeads ski trips, which are inevitably going to take priority over queries about last season's calendar.
ski holidays
@picaresque, pretty hard for anyone to reply to you in private as you are 'down a crevasse' which means any emails sent from snowHeads to you are being bounced back.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Hells Bells, Aha!

@Hurtle, I like to give the benefit of the doubt as the vast majority of members are lurkers
snow conditions
Also you had submitted 5 pictures and the competition rules were three per person, so perhaps two were eliminated on that basis?
ski holidays
Hi

thanks for your replies.

Pretty sure it was 5 pictures that were allowed, because that was why I submitted only 5. Could have happily added another 10 good ones.

As I say, I'm having login issues. The photos were actually submitted under Picaroon, but for some reason I can no longer access that and I don't seem to be able to verify this account either, otherwise I would do so. Nor can I register another account because it says my two email addresses are both in use. However, someone called Gregory was able to email me to ask for the high res versions of the pictures, so I imagine he could easily get in touch to explain his reasoning if he wanted to.

Doesn't much matter, but it hardly encourages people to submit for next year's calendar.

I have been a very long time lurker on this site. More or less since it was born from those disgruntled SCGB exiles. I used to work in the ski industry, so had more interest in the forums back then. For the last decade or so I have lived year round in a ski town and I have only occasionally visited snowheads subsequent to that, it's true.

And following this fairly dreary experience, not to mention my account irritations, I imagine this is me gone for good. But my best wishes to all in any case.

Over and out.
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx,
Quote:

the vast majority of members are lurkers
who presumably don't think they have some sort of right, having contributed nothing else to the SnowHeads community, to have their photos published.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy