Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach snow conditions

Poster: A snowHead
How that rain on Sunday has ruined 12 hours of steady snowfall earlier that day. Still some great skiing to be had but really needs some cooler temps and 5-10cm even just to freshen things up. Super impressed by the area it's just a pity Mother Nature conspiring against us with high temps. Some majorly heavy snow lower down and starting to get quite thin in places.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@boabski, Worry not! http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Saalbach/6day/mid
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I like that forecast a lot.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's looking good. Thankfully our flight home on Saturday is a late one do definitely getting a Saturday morning pass ⛷⛷ Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My flight in is an early one on Saturday so hoping to make full use from 3pm onwards! Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Any decent slopes today? Heavy sugar in hinterglemm today and not pleasant? The run below bernkogelbahn was excellent yesterday. Anyone know if still in good nick today?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@boabski, I take it this was written before it started chucking it down with snow! I'm sheltering indoors and conserving my energy for a bar crawl this evening!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is it still snowing? Can you tell I can't wait to get out this weekend?? Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@joe1978, Yes, it is Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Tatman's Tours, that's all the snow report I need!! Smile Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Absolutely whoring it down since around 11 am today.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Awesome news! Looks like the 2:30am wake-up call on Saturday morning is going to be well worth it!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boabski wrote:
Absolutely whoring it down since around 11 am today.

😂Was dying for Carol Kirkwood to coin that phrase on BBC weather this morning but sadly she didn't 😢
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Webcams look like it's been snowing most of the day even if it's only a light covering. At least it's now cold enough to not melt instantly.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Legend., It snowed fairly heavily all of Wednesday afternoon and night, putting down about 25-35 cm of new snow. Today it has been snowing lightly on and off throughout the day.
snow report
@quinton, That would also be my estimate, yet the local website snow report is showing a mere additional 10cm - perhaps it needs updating.
ski holidays
Very nice. Can't wait for my first time there starting Saturday snowHead
ski holidays
Legend. wrote:
Very nice. Can't wait for my first time there starting Saturday snowHead

Snap - arriving Saturday with family and friends. Can't wait - I can finally stop looking at the weather forecasts for another year Very Happy
snow conditions
Cracking day today. At least 25cm of fresh snow on hill. Kids were going to side of pistes and up to their knees. Visibility wasn't too bad today. For those staying in hinterglemm the après at the Schwarzacher (beside ski school meeting point and Ubahn) is a great après venue. Mad old Austrian dj and squeezebox player. Good at getting the crowd going and you can watch all the skiers coming down. I'll rephrase that - when your kids have got miles more in them, you can have a drink or three whilst they do lap after lap and the slope including timed ski run, slalom and fun park. Happy daze Very Happy Very Happy 🍻🍻🍻🍻
latest report
Cracking day today. At least 25cm of fresh snow on hill. Kids were going to side of pistes and up to their knees. Visibility wasn't too bad today. For those staying in hinterglemm the après at the Schwarzacher (beside ski school meeting point and Ubahn) is a great après venue. Mad old Austrian dj and squeezebox player. Good at getting the crowd going and you can watch all the skiers coming down. I'll rephrase that - when your kids have got miles more in them, you can have a drink or three whilst they do lap after lap and the slope including timed ski run, slalom and fun park. Happy daze Very Happy Very Happy 🍻🍻🍻🍻
snow report
Looks like another heavy fall of snow tonight judging by the radar and webcams Smile
ski holidays
@red 27, You can say that again! Skied down in heavy snow at about 5.30pm, then walked home at midnight, after an evening in the Underbar, and it's snowing like crazy. The roads are covered in deep snow, and we virtually had to dig our way to the front door! Bodes well for people arriving at the weekend.
snow conditions
I'm 5 weeks away but it's still nice to see a decent 'top-up'

All is looking very wintery on the webcams Smile
latest report
Tatman's Tours wrote:
@red 27, You can say that again! Skied down in heavy snow at about 5.30pm, then walked home at midnight, after an evening in the Underbar, and it's snowing like crazy. The roads are covered in deep snow, and we virtually had to dig our way to the front door! Bodes well for people arriving at the weekend.

Like me!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
@joe1978, stop rubbing it in. We've put up with every snow condition this week. Today was fantastic. Have barely seen the sun all week but forecast good tomorrow. Will get a few hours in the sun before we head home. In the words of Arnie "ich werde zuruck kommen😃"
ski holidays
@boabski, Glad you had a good taster!
latest report
Had a great few hours skiing on groomed powder IN THE SUNSHINE 😃 this morning. Slopes were dead too. Great end to a great week. Added bonus was that one of my mates booked a last minute few days with his daughter so managed to get a slide on the slopes with them too.
latest report
Arrived in Saalbach yesterday and spent the day up in Hinterglemm today.

There's loads of snow - it's piled knee high at the roadside all through the village. We came across one run that had been closed last week due to its orientation into the sun, and it had some bare patches but was still perfectly skiable.

It was cloudy and overcast today, which made the light a little flat and our skiing tentative as a result, but we still had a good day.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I feel duty bound to report since I'm here just now.
Pistes seem very well kept. Very warm today (10°+) and some patches suffering, 32a to the Goastall for some apres beers was very....interesting.
But it's lovely up high even with the interesting outfits due to fasching week. Very Happy
Joe
ski holidays
Overnight snow and a change to the conditions, with wind down at valley level. It's still snowing lightly but due to stop around midday. It will be interesting to see how many lifts are operating.
snow report
@honved, Thanks for the reports, how much new snow has fallen would you say?
snow report
@red 27, Only about 3 or 4 inches, but it is still snowing lightly and I'd expect that by lunchtime there will be another inch or so. Not loads, but enough for a decent top up.

All the links to Hinterglemm are closed presumably to stop folk moving around the valley and getting stuck in one or other area, but all of the other uplift is running so far as I can see. Stick to your backyard seems to be the order of the day, which is fair enough.
latest report
@honved, The link to Fieberbrunn and the Zwoelfer Nordbahn, Sunliner and Reiter Ost lifts are closed due to "stormy weather" (not to stop people skiing between Saalbach and Hinterglemm, which they can still do using the lifts that aren't closed - on the Schattberg side).

One of our guests has just come back from shopping in the village and reports a sizable dump - deep snow on the streets etc. However it's only been snowing since about 4am and there could well be a lot more to come today. It's currently snowing more heavily than an hour ago. Will keep posting updates.

Update at midday: It looks as if all lifts are now open except the Zwoelfer Nordbahn.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 10-02-16 10:57; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Good man, all updates welcome...

looking every day fingers crossed that it won't all have melted by the 27th when we arrive.
latest report
Thanks for the updates guys snowHead
latest report
Update.
Snowed pretty much continuously until around 3pm then some more this evening.
I'd accurately predict sh*t loads of snow. Smile Smile
Honestly we stayed on the schonletin side all day not wanting to get stranded at the top of asitz for a second day in stormy weather considering the morning closures. But the amount of snow falling was amazing. Knee deep at the sides of the pistes in places. Great day and hopefully great tomorrow.
snow report
I'm missing your updates guys and gals, especially, @Tatman's%20Tours, it looks like it's dumping heavyily at the moment looking at webcams.

Wondering if you've been overdoing the apres?
ski holidays
It's really a case of no news is good news. It's been snowing off and on since last night and is snowing lightly as I write. According to http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Saalbach/6day/mid it's due to snow heavily later, and the next few days look very promising indeed. All 70 lifts are running, and I haven't encountered any closed pistes of late. Even piste 68 (which, being the lowest and lacking snow cannons, tends to suffer the most) was open when I last went in that direction last Friday.

I would say that the last few days, particularly last Thursday and Friday, have been the best skiing days of the season - although it's currently a bit murky up top, the second half of last week was sunny with cold temperatures, powdery snow and beautifully maintained pistes. A fellow snowhead (kooky) came over on Thursday and couldn't believe how uncrowded the pistes were, considering it was the main Austrian and Bavarian half-term, and also Fasching week - e.g. we had pistes 68, 65 and 57 virtually to ourselves. It looks as though we may get similar conditions later this week.

On the apres front, it's probably fair to say that we've been overdoing it - but we keep hooking up with guests and friends, who understandably want to make the most of their week here and keep enticing us into first the Bergeralm (for Happy Hour between 3.30-4.30pm), and then the Hinterhag Alm. Later in the evening we also seem to be drawn inexorably to the Otzi Bar and the Underbar, especially when there's live music - Cuckoo in the Underbar on Friday, and Spacey every Sunday and Wednesday in Otzi Bar (and Bobby's on Fridays). Bobby's Pub is currently teeming with swarms (if I'm allowed to use that word) of school kids, and I would surmise that the same applies to places like Castello and Taverne.

The gifted Irish band, Cuckoo, are next playing in Bobby's Pub on 29th Feb, so that's a date not to be missed for anyone who will be here. They have a new Australian fiddle player, who is quite an extrovert. They whipped up a great atmosphere in Underbar on Friday, and I'm sure they will do the same in Bobby's on 29th.

I'm currently wracked with guilt, as Mrs TT is limping round with a damaged knee, having tripped over a step in that notorious scene of mishaps, the Hinterhag Alm. My fault, as I was hastily leading the way towards a table that had just been vacated, and I didn't pause to warn her of the step (she's lost her varifocals during a previous evening of riotous Hinterhagging). Consequently it's slowed us down a bit, and that's one reason why I'm sitting here at my computer, rather than out skiing (although I shall be heading up the Kohlmais shortly).
snow report
Quick check in - good conditions across most of the valley, with the fresh falls overnight leading to s few mounds in places today, but nowhere near their worst as it has been surprisingly quiet for half term. Longest queue so far was 5 minutes.

Still bare patches above the Goasstall on the east side, but this is south facing and steep so always has problems. The west side is holding I well.
snow conditions
Looks like a decent fall of snow this evening - hopefully temps will stay low through the night and we'll avoid any/too much rain
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy