Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski in the beginning of March, somewhere high altitude

Poster: A snowHead
Hi ski/snowboard lovers,

I am looking for a ski trip somewhere at the end of Feb, best the beginning of March. Longer day light, nicer weather. I am looking for Val D'Isere or a resort with high altitudes and many kilometers. Smile
I am 36 years old, intermediate, done a few ski trips. If our levels don't suit, not a problem, we can meet for apres ski. I just wish to join some people. I've been in Val D'Isere before, I loved it. French Alps are my favorite, been in Austria/Ischgl and Dolomites as well, Les 3 Vallees, Les deux Alpes a few other resorts.

Please lets plan now. We can still find good deals for beginning of March.

Thanks in advance.

Carmen
Very Happy Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Carmen, welcome to SHs. snowHead That's a peak week in France - French school holidays. Might be better heading to Austria or Italy.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Carmen, I'm in Les Deux Alpes then, in fact all season. If you choose to come here I'm quite happy to ski with you, got lots of friends here of various ages (I'm a fair bit older).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Carmen, I am looking to book a trip
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi @Carmen, welcome to snowheads. With a name like Carmen, would I be correct in assuming that you are female?

I'm also looking for a week away towards the end of February. I've been to most of the resorts you mention, so would be happy with any of those.

By coincidence I also happen to be 36, and enjoy a bit of apres ski too (less of a coincidence).

Would you be able to post a pic of yourself, as I find it helps me communicate easier with that person once I have a visual image of them.

Hope you're having a good day.

Mikey
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Carmen and @mikeycharlton sitting in a tree...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mikeycharlton, Hi Mikey, I don't see a picture of anyone here! Yes, it would help to see people's faces.. The trip can be in March as well, so it doesn't matter. If Feb or March, still good. January is not my fav cz of short days and sometimes bad weather, lost ski days etc. Last January in Les 3 Vallees I skied 'blinded'/guessing. Same the previous one..Le Deux Alpes, I've been twice, Les 3 Vallees as well. I wish to change this year. But I want still high altitude. I am not fun forest ski. How to call skiing where is no forest? Very Happy Okey, I will be here tomorrow and see what ideas/suggestions ski lovers have. I once wanted to ski in Colorado.. Anyway, from now on I will not miss a day here, cz time is running and yeah, I cannot wait to ski. Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@aaroncook04@yahoo.co.uk, I am not sure if you got my answer. I sent it from my e-mail address, not from here. Did you get it? Lets get a group together. Quick! We can still find good deals. Ideas? I can search ski offers. Suggestions?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@queen bodecia, Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, thank you
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Claude B, I wish something different this year. Have fun! Thanks!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Carmen, I am also looking for a trip in March and I love Espace Killy too. Pam W is right though, 1st week of March is still French school holidays, it would probably be better to do 2nd or 3rd week of March. I'm a 35 year old boarder (will be 36 early March Smile )
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
good morning @Carmen,

I'm in a bit of a rush this morning and could only find this one.

hope it's satisfactory.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mikeycharlton, Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Why are we trolling Carmen, do we not think they are real?
ski holidays
Hi @Carmen - I'm a 34 yo guy who is looking to go skiing anywhere in Europe from 2nd week of March until end of April (I start a new job in May).

Happy to join up and try and find a group somewhere fun?

JT
ski holidays
@mikeycharlton, that's typical using an old photo when you had more hair Very Happy
@Carmen, pam is right about that first week as you get any choice you want for the second week and without having to fight for space. I've been in a group either second/third week in march every year and always get good snow, longer days with blue skies. As long as you go to somewhere 1000mtrs upwards it's all good at that time of year.
Quite often we've only booked a couple of weeks before we go as you can get a good view of snow conditions on here and pick what suits.
snow report
http://www.tignesreservation.net/fr/resultats-recherche.htm?typeMoteur=1&page=&reset=&recherchegeolocalise=0&tri=&sg=&respp=10&b2f-session-write-close=1&moteur=1&moteurAvecListing=0&cat_id=&val_67=&val_59=&dateArrivee=+Date+d%27arriv%E9e&val_60=&val_65=&val_63=&submit-recherche=Rechercher March 12th-19th ?? Anyone?? I do have another person interested, a group of 4 at least could offer a studio or so.. lets not just talk. Wink
ski holidays
@mikeycharlton, @Minion1980, @JT1981, any reserches since .. 10 days ago??
snow report
@Carmen, got a few options in the pipeline. Let me know if you need any help with uploading a photo.

Mikey x
latest report
Me (42) and a mate (39) will be in val d'isere from 6 to 13 March. Both intermediate boarders
ski holidays
@mikeycharlton, I don't see anyone with photos here, only yours Wink I don't see any option for photos..
snow report
@kb36, okey but where would I sleep? I mean I wish people to share the accommodation with. Wink
snow conditions
@aaroncook04@yahoo.co.uk, what did you plan so far?
snow conditions
was really meaning if you were in resort could meet up and ski/ride together and maybe grab a beer
snow report
@kb36, I understand and I know what you meant. If I will be there in that period of time I will surely let you know.

thanks
latest report
Are you still looking?

there is 1 space available to Meribel in a chalet departing 5th March from Gatwick. Let me know if you are interested.
snow conditions
give me more details please
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dawg, more details please
snow report
there would be a group of 9.
40s to early 50s all male this year but the chalet may still have more room(s) for ladies
mixed ability skiers intermediate to advanced but we split up depending on where we want to ski
the place is Chalet Cervin in Meribel
snow conditions
thank you but what about the price? what includes?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 22-12-15 20:38; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@Dawg,
thank you but what about the price? what includes?
ski holidays
£620 includes Gatwick flights, transfers, chalet board, (breakfast and eve meal except on chalet maid day off)

You would have to pay extra for ski hire and lift pass + beer money.
ski holidays
Meribel is hardly high, val thorens on the other hand ...

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 23-12-15 8:46; edited 1 time in total
snow report
kb36 wrote:
Meriden is hardly high

Where is that then mate? I am talking about Meribel.
ski holidays
@Dawg, your offer sounds super for Meribel.. 3 Valleys is huge and you find everything you wish there, plus apres ski..val thorens is known.. I only have a problem. Been twice in my last 2 years and this year I really wish I can find something different. Val D'Isere/Tignes was one of my favorites so I wish to go back (I've been there in 2010 I think). You better look for someone. In case I don't arrange anything but I really hope I will.. I don't know how did you find/arranged the trip with the meal, accommodation, plain, transfers.. I just ask, in case I could do same thing for Tignes. Please let me know! But now I still look for some other location. Thanks again. Happy holidays. Wink
latest report
@kb36, if you know anything for the time you are going.. I really wish to go there and 6-13 of March..awesome
how did you find/arranged your holiday?
snow conditions
Dawg wrote:
kb36 wrote:
Meriden is hardly high

Where is that then mate? I am talking about Meribel.

the joy of autocorrect
ski holidays
Carmen wrote:
@kb36, if you know anything for the time you are going.. I really wish to go there and 6-13 of March..awesome
how did you find/arranged your holiday?

my trip was booked months ago using a main stream tour operator. The week i am going is not a peak week so I would have thought it would be easy enough to find something in the vast Espace Killy area.
snow conditions
@kb36, how did you arranged your transfers from the airport to the resort? It seems you pay 3 times more for the transfer than the plain itself..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy