Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots for small wide feet

Poster: A snowHead
I take a size 7 shoe but when measured for boat a size of 5.5 (24.5) has been recommended for me. My feet are on the wide side too. My local boot fitter recommended Salomon X Pro 100's in a 24.5 on the basis that they are roomy and can easily be worked with but he didn't have these or any other alternatives in stock.

Looking online, I can't find anywhere that has this size in stock and I'm beginning to doubt they are made in this size.

Can anyone confirm the Salomon make this boot in this size or provide an alternative? I'm intermediate but not particularly great and just want a boot that is comfortable.

Also, can anyone recommend a fitter in Saalbach?

Thanks, Pete
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes they are made in this size and 23.5, don't get too hung up on flex, they run at 110, 120, 130 so try just get the right size, the importantance of the flex is negligiable, better go stiffer than softer with the foot type you have.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
also look for Quest Pro, same shell, with a walk mode, which could be of benefit.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@PeteMan, I have the same size feet - short and wide. I found Technica Icon boots absolutely perfect. Someone is a boot shop once opined that Salomon are better for narrow feet. Having virtually worn out my Technicas, I stumbled on a pair of Fischers in a local Oxfam shop (for £20), which are again perfect Very Happy

The boot fitter you want in Saalbach works in Hagleitner's shop on Schulstrasse - can't remember his name, but everyone who has a problem gets sent there.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 29-11-15 14:07; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have wide and lumpy feet and after a couple of agonising attempts to squeeze my feet in, my fitter reached for a Head Adapt Edge. Oooh, the relative comfort was delightful, so might be an option to try.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone.

Tatman, we're on the early Gatwick flight which gives us a few hours before our 3pm sneaky ski so I will try the shop that you recommend. I might drop them an email a couple of weeks before we go to see if they can order some small / wide boots in.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@PeteMan, @PeteMan, Speak to Hansi (Hansi's Best-Price) too - he has plenty of experience and will give you a 30% discount if you tell him that I sent you - but he will send you to Hagleitner's if you're a problem case or need your boots to be expertly fitted to your feet.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@PeteMan, as @CH2O has said, there are lots of options in 24.5 made for men, just very few shops actually stock them, as well as the X Pro and Quest pro, tecnica make the Mach 1 series in that size and Atomic make the Hawx. you do have to shop fairly early in the season to have more than one pair in most shops (if any)

if you wait till resort then make sure they do a shell check, whilst i am sure Hansi is very reputable it is all too easy to fall into a bigger size if he doesn't have a 24.5 in stock

good luck getting sorted
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM wrote:
@PeteMan, as @CH2O has said, there are lots of options in 24.5 made for men, just very few shops actually stock them, as well as the X Pro and Quest pro, tecnica make the Mach 1 series in that size and Atomic make the Hawx. you do have to shop fairly early in the season to have more than one pair in most shops (if any)

if you wait till resort then make sure they do a shell check, whilst i am sure Hansi is very reputable it is all too easy to fall into a bigger size if he doesn't have a 24.5 in stock

good luck getting sorted

Thanks Colin. I did come and see you for a fitting a couple of years ago but by the time I came you'd run out of suitable boots. When I was at the local fitter on Sat he did a shell check confirming 24.5. Incidentally you should have my measurements on your system, would be interesting to see what size and width you measured me at. My surname begins Man****.

Cheers_Pete
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@PeteMan, Pete, afraid we don't, when we don't sell a boot but the custoemr may come back when new stock is available we hold the records for about 12-18 months depending on when in the year it is they come in

right now we have Salomon X Pro 120, Atomic Hawx 130 (110 is on it's way and should be back in stock tomorrow) and Lange RX120
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Colin, that's very useful. From what I can tell the 'Last' for the Atomic and Lange boots is 100 whereas the Salomon X Pros are 100/106 so it does look like the Salomons will be the best bet (subject to actually trying the things on and having them fitted)!

Tatman, I'll get in touch with Hansi and Hagleitner's and see if they can get a pair in for me to try.

Incidentally, the fitter I was talking to on Saturday said that the small sizes are becoming more popular. Is this because people are actually getting the correct size instead of their assumed shoe size?

Pete
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@PeteMan, the atomic will go 3mm either way as well (i think it moulds better than the salomon), please ignore the marketing hype about 100-106
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just heard back from the Saalbach fitter (Hagleitner). He says...

Just called the Salomon rep, they don't produce a 24,5MP in XPro.
The only Men boot they produce in 24,5 would be a xmax, but thats to narrow.

Which is odd as CEM has them in that size!

Pete
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@PeteMan, the X Pro 100 is not listed in the catalogue, the X Pro 120 is if he is asking for the 100 he won't get any joy (no idea why they don't produce the 100 in that size other than lack of demand from big box stores )
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks, I've reported that back to the Austrian fitters who say the rep confirmed they were in the catalogue but are not produced. All very odd.
snow report
Ignore the above, they have now confirmed they can order X Pro 120's in a 24.5 so hopefully will have some waiting for me.

Pete
ski holidays
PeteMan wrote:
Ignore the above, they have now confirmed they can order X Pro 120's in a 24.5 so hopefully will have some waiting for me.

Pete

Hagleitner's have confirmed that they now have some Salomon XPro 120's in 24.5 waiting for me for when I arrive on the 16th Jan. Hopefully they'll be able to make them work for me and at least I can get them adjusted in resort as required as the week progresses.

Thanks all.
snow report
Well despite the odds, my plan seems to have worked. Marcel Hagleitner took one look at my feet and despite a high instep that I wasn't aware of confirmed that the size 24.5 X-Pro 120's that i had pre ordered would be the best solution possible. Ninety minutes later he had made custom footbeds and heated the boots to give a perfect fit. My two mates were so impressed they had new boots done too (prior to this they had no intention of replacing what they had).

Incidentally we met a couple in there that had read this thread and were buying boots off the back of it. So that's €2500 worth of business thanks to Tatman!

So if anyone wants a good fitter in Saalbach head for Marcel at Hagleitners. Make sure you book an appointnent as he is very busy and preorder a month or so before if you think you have small feet.

Thanks to CEM and others for you wisdom too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy