Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

binding for Nordica Dobermann Spitfire CA Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi.
Many a time as a guest have I found this forum extremely valuable but now I have a specific question and have joined. I do apologize if my question is silly. Puzzled
I am after Nordica Dobermann Spitfire CA Skis 2015 without bindings. I am trying hard to find out what bindings I need but it's just letters and numbers and I cannot really find any info about compatibility etc.
I gather it's fitted with EVO plate. I am wondering if Nordica Ns2s Xbi Ct biding would fit into the rails and if yes if it would work correctly.
Is the XBI/Ct a different platform?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The EVO bindings/plates are made by Vist and are variants of their VSP bindings. The variations are Nordica specific and Vist's agreement with Nordica does not allow them to sell them through the Vist dealer network.

You'll therefore have to go through a Nordica dealer to obtain the bindings - that's if they have stock - as they only carry a few spares as all the production was to be matched up with plates & skis.

Basically, if you haven't already got the skis then stop now as you're likely to end up with skis mounted with a plate you can't get bindings for. Either get the skis/plate/bindings complete or get the skis totally 'in the flat' without any plate so you can then add any rail/bindings you like.

Oh yes, welcome to snowHeads Toofy Grin

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 29-11-15 12:23; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Galfonso, why those skis specifically? Do the graphics match your underwear or something?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, I think the OP may be asking becasue there is an auction on ebay for Ns2s Xbi Ct bindings................
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name
I think French ladies will be asking themselves exactly this in a couple of months.
On a serious note though - I have 2011 Elan E/Flex 6 Orange QT Skis. I really like them but they don't seem to suit my style - high speed, not many turns and felt it's time for an upgrade. This particular Nordica model wouldn't be my first choice, but it's not worth it spending 400-500 quid on skis I would use 3-4 weeks max over the next 2 years. I got these cheaply and need to find suitable binding asap.
All these numbers and stuff seem quite complicated and I couldn't find too much info online but I believe EVO is the new(ish) platform developed by Nordica, while CT is the older one. Just would like to know if these two are compatible.
I could try flat mounting if I fail to find the appropriate binding. I just hope the bloody rail could be removed without using an angle grinder.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon wrote:
The EVO bindings/plates are made by Vist and are variants of their VSP bindings. The variations are Nordica specific and Vist's agreement with Nordica does not allow them to sell them through the Vist dealer network.

You'll therefore have to go through a Nordica dealer to obtain the bindings - that's if they have stock - as they only carry a few spares as all the production was to be matched up with plates & skis.

Basically, if you haven't already got the skis then stop now as you're likely to end up with skis mounted with a plate you can't get bindings for. Either get the skis/plate/bindings complete or get the skis totally 'in the flat' without any plate so you can then add any rail/bindings you like.

Oh yes, welcome to snowHeads Toofy Grin

Thanks spyderjon - very, very helpful response.
Well, I already have them skis so I guess I will try my best to find the bindings or alternatively buy another pair using this system.
You seem to be quite familiar with Nordica's plate/rail/binding system - do you reckon it could be easily removed without compromising severely the skis's structure and get them "in the flat"? Or you could possibly suggest where the binding could be found.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy