Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Does ski rental normally include goggles if you rent also a helmet? Or is that the one item you must buy yourself? This is unclear on the websites offering ski rentals.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wouldn't have thought so, unless it specifically states that it does.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No.
Goggles are not included in rentals and are not available for rental.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@lmu2002, it's certainly possible that such a service does exist, but I have never seen nor heard of it in 45 years of skiing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have never seen rental goggles. As something that is easily lost and damaged, I don't really see rental goggles as a runner.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyone you could hit up to borrow a pair from? I'm planning on wearing my OH's old ones again. Hoping for good weather again and mostly sunglasses days Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm sure a ski rental shop can sell you a pair of goggles for less than €30.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not usually, but there are always exceptions. On my first ski trip, the very cheap pair I had with me broke before I'd even left the chalet, so when I went to collect my boots, skis and helmet, I asked the guy if he had any goggles. He had loads hanging above the desk and just handed me a pair, no charge. They were pretty good. This was in Finland.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the input! I'm travelling with a newbie friend who is reluctant to buy everything from socks up just for one trip in case he doesn't like the concept of fresh air, majestic views and exciting snowsports away from wives and kids. I have several pairs myself none of which are otg type that he requires.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 26-11-15 16:15; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Google can nail this stuff for you in microseconds:
http://www.winterparkresort.com/plan-your-trip/rentals/rental-pricing.aspx
Bottom of the page.

However the people I normally deal with don't rent those. If the airline delays your stuff, you'd probably find this out quite rapidly. When that's happened to me before I have had buddies who could lend me stuff, but if you don't, then you need a Visa card (and receipts for the Montreal Convention business later). Any reasonable shop would likely lend you a pair if you were not taking the Mick. But cheap goggles are easy to find too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Depending on how many scruples you have, raid various lost property bins located around the mountains - TOP TIP: Restaurants around 2-3pm are and excellent source of scarves and sunglasses. For goggles and gloves try bars down at the bottom or hotel boot rooms - people tend not to lose those at lunch so much as they need them on the way down so notice them missing until they've taken them off at the end of the day...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lidl has good chap goggles in at the moment
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Excellent value goggles can be fashioned from the bottoms of brown plastic cider bottles, Velcro and elastic. If you require prescription lenses, try using glass ashtrays.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
He indeed would appreciate the prescription lenses option so I will certainly forward this hint. Are the ashtrays normally available also in iridium colours in a typical Austrian resort?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
lmu2002 wrote:
Are the ashtrays normally available also in iridium colours in a typical Austrian resort?

If you pour some cider into the ashtrays and allow it to evaporate, an Iridium effect can be achieved. wink
ski holidays
Excellent! He also needs reasonably priced socks. Any ideas?
snow report
@lmu2002, TK Maxx can be very good for ski socks and good prices too.

I got a pair of Smartwool ski socks for £7.99 there, which are usually around £20 everywhere else I've looked.
snow conditions
@lmu2002, couple of bread bags stuffed with newspaper?

THIS IS THE KIND OF ADVICE YOU JUST CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE OTHER THAN SNOWHEADS!!!

Next, a fine recipe for condiment soup.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy