Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black Crow Orb Whitedot One - rule of n+1??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.
Tempted by some good deals and maybe some vino rosso dulling the sensible brain cells I find myself own 3 pairs of skis.

So what do I have.....

WD Ranger Carbonlite 186 Quiver Killered for Tyrolia bindings
WD One 180 Quiver Killed for Tyrolia bindings
My boot size is 316

This was going to be my 2 ski quiver until a pair of Black Crow Orbs 179 became available at a good price. The Orbs are mounted with Salomon STH12s for a boot size of 337 so will cost some money to get them sorted for me but I could sell the bindings although I'm not sure of the resale value

I can get the Orbs QK'd and then the question is.......

Orbs vs Ones
I haven't skied either!! I plan to use the Orb/Ones for 70% piste with some dabbling off the sides. I wont be going anywhere near a park or riding switch so I'm not sure which is best for my purposes. Do I stick with the Ones? Do I go with the Orbs? I know that I cant keep both!!

Any help advice gratefully received
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The rule is n+1 and not n+1-1. One in, WD One out, is not allowed.

I'd stick with the WD One... and look at GS skis Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can't comment on comparisons, but I have the Orbs, with Marker Griffons. Picked them up for a (relative) song on opening weekend St Anton last season, after a day testing. I'm pretty much 50/50 piste/off-piste and they've never felt anything other than completely solid and responsive. They look f'kin awesome as well, which as we all know is half the battle.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I'd stick with the WD One... and look at GS skis

yeah - I think they are too similar, I'd go GS or SL or RS(? is that what they call the compromise between the two?) for those days when the snow is hard and you want to push your technique forward.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy