Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EZ Jet

Poster: A snowHead
I may need to go Luton to Venice next march, all i am seeing so far is ezjet. i have never flown them before but i see lots of negative comments on here. So what's the deal are they that bad or what ? (Given a choice i would usually go with a full price carrier but not if that means xfering to another airport).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@essex, EZ jet are a cheap no frills airline. Basic flight price, pay extra for luggage etc. I've never had a problem with them, others will always post their horror stories, but not necessarily their praise.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@essex, they're fine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@essex,
I've flown with them loads of times and they are what they say a low cost airline. You don't get a lot of frills but I have never had any problems with them at all.
You need to be careful that you comply with the baggage allowances but they are more reasonable tha nsay Ryanairs in my experience.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I always found EasyJet to be better than Ryanair, particularly in respect of customer service. I know that Ryanair have now decided to drop their business model of actively trying to 'p*ss people off' and so have evidently improved.
I've seen the thread about new confusing baggage rules for EasyJet and maybe EJ are now trying to be like Ryanair used to be!
I've taken about 20 EJ flights over the past decade and all of them have been perfectly acceptable.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've also recently flown with Ryanair and they were also fine. I think if you don't have hight expectations, and I expect something akin to my local bus service, then you won't be disappointed.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@essex, much more of a grown up airline these days. A young fleet of airbus 319/320, select your seat when you book and, so far, they haven't failed me, whereas BA have.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For a 2 hour flight then I really wouldn't worry about it - never had any issues previously with them but been fortunate to never too long delays - that's when full service /cost airlines come into their own I guess
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@essex, No worries, good airline, no frills but not a budget experience either. They manage to fly you without making you feel that they've done you a favour by accepting your custom.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I like Easyjet. You get what and only what you pay for. Reliable. Polite.

Seats a bit close together for a flight over, say, 4 hours, but fine short haul.

I probably take 20 of their flights a year?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
But must be said that on competitive routes, they are not always the cheapest, especially once all charges are taken into account.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Been flying 3 or 4 times a year with them over the last 20 years since they started:
- Some great prices - especially low season or booking well in advance.
- No problems with bags/luggage.
- Staff usually very courteous and helpful.
- Negligible delays.
- One cancellation - plane had a technical fault & it became too late at night to fly out of Geneva. They put everyone up in a hotel for the night and we flew next morning.
- Reasonable charges for amending bookings.

I can wholeheartedly recommend them.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My only gripe with easyjet is that they've made it so I'm actually better off taking bigger hand luggage than I actually need. If I take a small rucksack on a busy flight they'll try and make me put it under the seat in front of me (space is precious if you're tall) but if I take a half empty trolley case I can put it overhead with impunity and they'll make someone else who took a smaller bag uncomfortable instead.

Apart from that I find them excellent. I've flown with them many, many times and they've always got me to where I'm going pretty much on time and (unlike Jet2) my skis have always travelled on the same flight and (also unlike Jet2) I've never had to do anything stupid like stop to refuel in Bournemouth on a flight back from France to Edinburgh.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ok thanks all, that's what i thought. Might be just a bit of contrast, looking at La Compagnie from new york for first leg Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No problems at all with EasyJet. Flown with them many times.

Only comment is that their staff seem to use Polyfiller rather than subtle foundation.
ski holidays
I agree with all the positive comments above. No problems with easyjet and have used them a fair bit. And when stuff went wrong with snow closing Gva airport off and on, with lots of flights cancelled, they were better at sorting things out than BA.
snow report
Quote:

La Compagnie

I hear mixed reviews. All that space for the money is appealing but they have no back up plan if one of their two ageing 757s goes tech. The other one to consider from Newark is Norwegian to Gatwick in a nice new 787 - their premium economy is top notch and similar price to BA economy. With Norwegian you arrive at Gatwick and La Compagnie is into Luton. More onward flights out of Gatwick.
snow conditions
As I long distance commuter I fly easyJet every week (unless I'm off work) between Edinburgh and Stansted. I must have taken 90 flights with them in the last year alone. I have no serious complaints. Have they pissed me off? Yes they have but only on a very few occasions. Would I recommend them? Yes I would.

If you prebook "Upfront" or Extra legroom seats you are now allowed 2 pieces of cabin baggage: one IATA approved cabin bag and another smaller laptop type bag. If you are in 'normal' seats then it is one IATA approved bag.
ski holidays
I fly regularly between Belfast and Manchester and try to avoid Easyjet at all costs for the simple reason that they do not allow a personal item as well as hand baggage. I understand if everyone brings a wheeled case and a personal bag it is difficult to fit it all in, but on half empty flights I've three times been forced to fit my handbag inside my case - not easy when you've packed for two weeks visiting family in a carry on. I've also seen others made to put bags 15x15cm inside cases. It feels like they are trying to adopt Ryanair's old policy of trying to be as awkward as possible.

So that's my gripe. I would say it's a more pleasant in-flight experience than Ryanair though, simply because canary yellow is a horrible colour to put inside an aeroplane!
ski holidays
Easy Jet have improved significantly over the years.
In the bad old days I used to sit on the tarmac at Luton every Monday morning for about two hours while waited for a landing slot at Schipol.
But it was a chance to have a good snooze.

Then you could rely on them being at least 3 hours late every Friday night to take you home.
If they let you know you cold nip back into town go to a Shoppe and have a cup of coffee
Then you didn't need a plane to fly home.

I think the main problem is luggage ... that reminds me I had better book the luggage before I get to the airport.
snow conditions
Lauka wrote:
I fly regularly between Belfast and Manchester and try to avoid Easyjet at all costs for the simple reason that they do not allow a personal item as well as hand baggage.

They do if you pay for a premium seat/speedy boarding or summat like that.
ski holidays
@martinm, I saw Gaza said that, but usually the cost difference for me between airlines is about the amount Easyjet charge for extra legroom so I'd rather go with the airline that aren't rude to me at the gate.
ski holidays
Michael O'Leary from Ryanair hit the nail on the head when he said: "Airplanes are just coaches with wings".

If you were taking a coach from London to Manchester, would you really be bothered about the "quality"? What about if you just drove in a car? There would be nothing fancy about that.

The problem is that for many of us, we remember a time when flying was considered glamorous and exciting, and maybe we try to recreate that. But we are just taking the coach… Very Happy
snow report
under a new name wrote:
I like Easyjet. You get what and only what you pay for. Reliable. Polite.

Seats a bit close together for a flight over, say, 4 hours, but fine short haul.

This. They get a bit of a bad rep, but as long as you don't expect too much then they're great value air travel. People moan about paying extra for hold baggage, but it's usually only £20-30 and still makes the flight cheaper than elsewhere. Plus it's a great benefit if you're only travelling light and have hand luggage only. EasyJet are always the first place that I look for flights in Europe, there are more comfortable ways to travel, but for short haul flights under 4 hours they're much the same as anyone else...if not better (flew KLM from LGW to Schipol and the leg room was horrific).

btw I'm 6ft tall and 17st, so if I can sit okay on an EJ flight then so can a lot of other people.
snow report
I guess i'll take another look at Norwegian. Last i looked was cheaper to go to norway than lgw but tough to get norway to venice. And paying extra to spend time at lgw sort of rubbed me wrong way but worth another look i guess.
snow conditions
I like Norwegian @essex, I meant to say but forgot. One of their dreamliners made an 11 hour flight as painless as possible.
ski holidays
Lauka wrote:
@martinm, I saw Gaza said that, but usually the cost difference for me between airlines is about the amount Easyjet charge for extra legroom so I'd rather go with the airline that aren't rude to me at the gate.

I don't get what your complaint is. They are clear that unless you pay for upfront (£5.99) or extra leg room (£9.99) then you are only entitled to one piece of cabin baggage. Enforcing that policy at the gate is not rude; it is simply being fair to those who have either paid the extra or abided by the rules.
snow conditions
Quote:

Enforcing that policy at the gate is not rude; it is simply being fair to those who have either paid the extra or abided by the rules.

+1 There's nothing as rude as people who don't think the rules apply to them. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've used EZ quite a bit and find them great. As punctual as any and friendly crew. And they fly from Bristol to plenty of nice places Smile
latest report
@martinm, +1
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Enforcing that policy at the gate is not rude; it is simply being fair to those who have either paid the extra or abided by the rules.

+1 There's nothing as rude as people who don't think the rules apply to them. Evil or Very Mad

Amen sister.

On short haul there is no difference (except for a free croissant and a drink) between Easyjet, BA and Swiss. Take the cheapest one that suits your travel plans.

HOWEVER - if you have luggage to check flying from Gatwick beware it can take an hour or so to check in. I didn`t handle that very well.....
ski holidays
@pam w, I have found that their staff are unnecessarily rude and short with anyone who has an extra bag and didn't realise what the rule is or manage to stuff inside their suitcas yet (I always leave space for my handbag but carry it separately because of a train ride to the airport). If you're not used to flying with them it can be surprising. That's what I mean about rude.

Re the policy I said I understand it, but what point is there enforcing a policy that is surely about saving space for everyone when the aircraft is only half full?

I thought Snowheads was a great community, no need to be talking like that about newbies just because they have an opinion about something.
latest report
@Lauka, last time I flew with easyJet they announced the rules very clearly several times before boarding. I was sitting watching the people all standing there like sheep, long before boarding was likely to begin, a good proportion of them breaking the rule being clearly announced, often with two bags. I don't think it's reasonable to expect staff to apply a kind of discretionary sliding scale depending on how busy the flight is. And as you would clearly, as an frequent flyer, only turn up at the front of the queue once with too many bags, it's perhaps a bit unreasonable to dismiss easyJet as "rude" on the basis of one experience.

Most people seem, like me, to have found easyJet staff polite and friendly.

Of course it's fine for you to have an opinion about something. It was your opinion I and others were commenting on, not you. wink You're right, SHs is a great community but that doesn't mean we all have to agree with each other.
ski holidays
When people don`t follow the rules it slows the departure down, which can mean they might miss a take off slot, which is costly. They can`t pick and choose when to apply the policy because they would be shot down with "oh but you let us last time" far too often.

Having to deal with people who don`t follow the rules, repeatedly, would be both tiresome and down right irritating I can imagine. Most ground crew and cabin crew are bloody saints for the way they handle passengers - I`ve seen many examples where I would have flipped my lid at the behaviour of some people.
snow report
I've always found EasyJet good and reliable for shorthaul. Like others have said, you get what you pay for. Understand their baggage, seating and hand luggage policy, and you'll be fine.

With that said, Norwegian is very good also and would be my preference where if possible, but I have no issue with EasyJet at all.

Rich
snow report
One caution about flying with two different carriers - make sure you've plenty of time between connections. With the same carrier you can get through ticketing which means that if the first plane is delayed and you miss your connection the carrier is responsible for getting you to your final destination. With different carriers, then you have missed your flight and will have to buy a new ticket.
The problem with EZ and other budget carriers is that they don't do through ticketing, each leg is a separate flight. So if your first leg is delayed and you miss your connecting flight, that's your problem not Easyjet's, you will have to buy a new ticket. Allow plenty of connection time!
latest report
I am all for enforcing the one bag rule. If it happens to be a handbag, that's your choice. Amazes me how much crap people seem to want to fly with.
snow conditions
@MSG101, different carriers is OK, as long as you have a through ticket. I'll often mix and match airlines.
latest report
I assumed that through ticketing would only be available if the airlines were part of the same group (like Lufthansa/Air France/etc)
snow report
@under a new name, agreed. Although the last time I did that was with BA from MAN to LHR (T5) and then Jet Airways from LHR (T4) to BOM. Despite having 4 hours to transfer my bag from T5 to T4 BA failed miserably and I arrived in BOM with the clothes I had on. It took 2 days to get my bag. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

@MSG101, while easyJet don't do through ticketing they do give you some form of protection so long as you allow a minimum of 2 hours between flights.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy