Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski carriage on BA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - might be a dumb question but I just want to make sure. Assuming I have one free checked baggage allowance (no more than 23 kgs).

If I already have a suit case (say 15 kgs) and I would like to check in my skis (8 kgs), I'll have to pay for extra as I will be checking in two pieces of luggage.

However, if I pack everything in my ski bag, I will not have to pay for extra as long as it's no more than 23 kgs.

Am I right?

I think BA is being fairly clear on this but I just want to confirm that my interpretation is correct.

Sporting goods on British Airways

Many types of sports equipment can be carried as part of (but not in addition to) your free checked baggage allowance or as part of an additional purchased allowance if required. We'll even accept some types of equipment over our standard checked baggage size.

We can only accept sporting equipment if it is packed appropriately (to avoid damage) and meets the given size and weight restrictions. Items over 23kg may incur a heavy bag charge. See our advice below for details of specific types of equipment.

Some sporting equipment is restricted for safety and security reasons. If your equipment isn't listed below please contact us to find out if it can be carried.

What's my free checked baggage allowance?

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/baggage-essentials/sporting-goods-and-musical-instruments
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@euanovsky, Correct, you are allowed 1 piece of hold luggage which can be a suitcase or a ski bag up to 23kg with all your kit crammed into it. You also have your hand luggage allowance too. (1 case plus 1 laptop type bag)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

You also have your hand luggage allowance too.

Which is another 23 KGs
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy