Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

changing bindings of 'flat ski'

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need to change bindings on my old fischers. but I'm concerned about the fact that the old binding mount point holes may weaken the ski structure.
So how much if at all would the old holes weaken the ski structure?
How easy is it to fit new bindings, without a jig?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The old holes wont make any difference, you can happily drill 3 times usually leaving about 1cm middle to middle between the holes.

You will likely be able to find a paper jig for your bindings on the internet, fitting them is pretty simple most mistakes come from not measuring twice so measure 3 times, the paper jigs are totally fine.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lots of paper jigs here http://www.bindingfreedom.com/paper-tempaltes/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bob, You'll probably find that a local ski shop will do the job for you for not very much money at all. If you do choose to DIY -- here are a couple of things I do;

Print the template on transparent film --- makes it easier to see what you are doing. I put sheets of white paper under the ski to help with centering the template too.
Be aware that the graphics on the ski (not the boot centre mark) will not match from one ski to the next ....
Measure three times at least --- I print off two templates (one for each ski) and use each to check against the other.
A proper ski drill-bit (Spyderjon has them) makes the actual drilling rather less stressful -- they have a collar to stop you going too deep.
You should also get some plugs for the old holes.

Be calm and zen-like before you start --- this is not a job to do in a hurry --- but very satisfying when done Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The boot centre mark can be off too, not often but it happens.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I hope this isn't too off topic, but would it be possible to fit Marker Schizos to skis drilled for Marker Dukes?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@nickle, Yes but you would have to re-drill.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks guys.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy