Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bankso March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
thinking of going to Bansko in mid march - any been before?

How good is the snow coverage?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@penderdan, I've been a few times mid March and conditions have generally been decent with all runs open and good coverage. Last year we arrived around the 7th March and we had around a metre of snow fall that week. The sun came out on our last day. The back end of March can get warm and conditions can turn spring like quite quickly. The first half of March is probably the best time to go.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have been several time in early - mid March. It is Deffo the best time to go to bansko. Still plenty of snow and slopes are very quiet.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
March has usually been good for snow. I have been there for the last 9 years (bar 1) in March and there has always been plenty of snow. I hear there is a big party brewing for the middle of March Smagsmith . Happy snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
penderdan wrote:
thinking of going to Bansko

Why? Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mollerski wrote:
penderdan wrote:

Why? Sad

obviously not asking from a recent experience !! if you'd been there recently you'd know why massive investment in lifts/snow cannons and really decent on slope restaurants, mirrors the majority of France for facilities easily.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@penderdan,
Quote:

The back end of March can get warm and conditions can turn spring like quite quickly. The first half of March is probably the best time to go.

Friends of mine have been early March last 2 years and booked again for next March. @joydivision, that quote sums it up well, I think, though we are always in the hands of the snowgods and piste bashing staff. Usually in early March late availability deals are to be had...when you have a good idea what conditions are like.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mollerski,
Quote:

penderdan wrote:

Why?

...and outstanding value for money too, if the place meets your needs. Anyway, aren't you still hiding from Mr Corleone of Livigno / Sicily?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave Canski wrote:
March has usually been good for snow. I have been there for the last 9 years (bar 1) in March and there has always been plenty of snow. I hear there is a big party brewing for the middle of March Smagsmith . Happy snowHead

I am sure it will be great Dave, but booked for Tignes end of season deal as usual at Melezes.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
smagsmith wrote:
Dave Canski wrote:

I am sure it will be great Dave, but booked for Tignes end of season deal as usual at Melezes.

I'm off to Tignes on the 11th Dec. I'll bury you a beer in the snow. Really looking forward to Bansko In January though.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave Canski wrote:
smagsmith wrote:
Dave Canski wrote:

I'm off to Tignes on the 11th Dec. I'll bury you a beer in the snow. Really looking forward to Bansko In January though.

That would be like geocaching only it will be a worthwhile find. Bury a tinny somewhere near the new hot tub plz
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy