Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Evolution 2 Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads snowHead

A group of us are hopefully going to either Tignes Le Lac, Val Claret or Val D'Isere for a week in January. There are several upper intermediates/advanced, a few inexperienced intermediates and one total beginner. Those of us who want lessons would like to begin on Sunday and have the Friday off to hopefully be able to spend the day somewhat together when we're all a little improved! This makes Ski School options a bit more limited from what I can see. Can anyone tell me about Evolution 2 as they are the school I'm leaning towards right now. New Generation is another option I think. But if you know of others that begin Sunday I'm open to others. Thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lauka wrote:
Hi Snowheads snowHead

A group of us are hopefully going to either Tignes Le Lac, Val Claret or Val D'Isere for a week in January. There are several upper intermediates/advanced, a few inexperienced intermediates and one total beginner. Those of us who want lessons would like to begin on Sunday and have the Friday off to hopefully be able to spend the day somewhat together when we're all a little improved! This makes Ski School options a bit more limited from what I can see. Can anyone tell me about Evolution 2 as they are the school I'm leaning towards right now. New Generation is another option I think. But if you know of others that begin Sunday I'm open to others. Thank you!

My advice - learn before you go!

Its cheaper, youll enjoy your holiday more, and if you feel you want a 'top up' lesson, then book a day with an instructor.

Evo 2 by all accounts get good recommendations (although ive not used them)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Paul C but I'm not really sure that's an option for us. No fridges in NI to begin with, and not much time over the Christmas period to go to the dry slope.

I 'learned' to ski last year, due to a fantastic instructor, and want to continue my progression so I am more in control and develop better technique, able to go faster, etc. If I hadn't had lessons (in addition to the 1 lesson before going) I would have hated my entire holiday.

Thanks for the feedback on Evo2.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Lauka, We had top up lessons with Mitch from Evolution 2 and it was fantastic. Very patient but also pushed us slightly. Hope thats helps somewhat Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We used Evo 2 three years ago, when I was still the most nervous skier ever, needing to stop every 100 yards to assess conditions below me, above me, behind me, near me, within 2 miles of me ......... and finding any excuse not to slide 'yet'.

Unfortunately, OH fell badly (not during lesson!) on our first day and barely skied the rest of the week. That could have been curtains for the holiday, but Stephane Pitallier from Evo 2 with whom I had daily private lessons at lunchtime, not only kept me skiing in lessons but also gave me the confidence to go off skiing on my own. Initially I skied off with gritted teeth but with Stephane's support this turned into a grin, a real turning point for me. We returned and took lessons with Stephane again later in the season and both progressed really well. Haven't been back to Tignes since, but would definitely go back to Evo 2 and Stephane if we did.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks @Floss!

@sj1608 glad to hear you managed to have a great time in the end and thanks for the recommendation!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We've used both Evo 2 and New Gen and both have been excellent.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oxygen here in Val often have adult groups starting on a Sunday. In general most skis schools that work with large numbers of UK tour ops (half of whom have Sunday as a travel day) start their lessons on Monday to make sure they ' catch' both Sat and Sun arrivals... there are exceptions and more often than not demand dictates what they actually have running! But EV2 and Oxgene would be options.... of course the ESF may have stuff running too. Where there are SEVERAL of you at the same'ish level then you could approach schools direct asking for a group to be based around you - that makes it possible for schools to work it for you... ill do the obligatory plug of the school I work for now - TDC - give the boys in Tignes (tignes@tdcski.com) a bell and see if they may be able to set something up for you - sessions generally are 3hrs x 3 days in small focused groups.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That makes sense @Steve Angus, I wondered why it was like that! Thanks for the recommendations I'll make sure to keep Oxygene and TDC a shout when I know for sure where we're staying and seeing if a Sunday start is possible. I haven't skied with any of the others that may be around my level so only have my OH's memory/guesswork to guide my levelling of the others. Not sure I'd feel happy suggesting to a ski school that we're the same level and then it turn out not to be the case if they had scheduled around it. Thanks for your help though Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@jellemr, thanks, good to hear a rec for New Gen too.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've got a pencilled in booking for TDC in March, and waiting to hear if there will be a group. I liked the idea of 3 x 3hr small group lessons rather than 5 x 2 hr or 5 x 3hr larger group lessons. Fingers crossed there will be enough for a group as after a lot of reading I convinced myself TDC was the ski school I wanted to use.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Lauka, ESF Tignes le Lac will do Sunday to Thursday in group lessons for €153/each. Max 8 per group.
For more info check out http://www.esf-tignes.org/adults/ski-lessons or drop me a PM
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rdk - yea I can see you are down in a Dev Plus group the week of the 7th March - I should think that group will fill up to the minimum number required for it to run - dont sweat - plenty of time before now and March... most groups at that level end up getting the minimum numbers OK!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks @stewart woodward, we've asked everyone to confirm with us if they're coming tomorrow so will get accommodation booked after that then I'll be in touch if we're staying in Tignes rather than Val.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy