Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When do you know that you need new skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Usual process is, see new skis, want new skis. As I have the self control of a 5 year old when it comes to wanting skis, want new skis is pretty much the same as NEED NEW SKIS! wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fixx wrote:
Grizzler wrote:
Annoyingly, I found out that Snow & Rock have a demo day today (I think) at Mancheste

They do? I hadn't heard about that, and I was at ChillFactore last night! (btw one of their drag lifts is broken, so very bad queues at the moment)

From the Chill Factore link to the Snow & Rock shop:
" The store also has an extensive demo pool for customers to test out the new kit on the slope. The next Demo pool is - 26th November 2015 4:30pm - 8pm."

When do you think the drag lift will be fixed? bugs the weekend plans do you think?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Grizzler, thanks - hadn't seen that! Would have loved to do the demo, but too late to try and find time tonight.

Lift - they said they'd already ordered the part they need, but it was coming from France. I'm assuming they've ordered for rush delivery, as it's a very busy time for them, and they really do need both lifts in operation!... I'd hope it'd be fine by the weekend, I've got a session booked late on Sunday Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Grizzler wrote:
I do also very much agree, as previously said, that my boots do need to get properly sorted and got used to before any skis are bought, and I need to see how they work with my existing skis on the fervent hope that the new boots will finally be good ones and allow me to ski as well as I think I might be able to.

Good, so that's that sorted.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Grizzler, Not to mention that Snowheads does a skitest day in Manchester (sometimes Castleford too but we are poor relations to them southern lot) generally October. If you have sorted the boots then have a try on the skis this year and come to the skitest next year where your senses will be blown away with all the different options. The options are amazing and yes you can tell the difference in a fridge.
In the mean time do try a lesson if you can as all the information they can give helps.
If lust takes over anything will make a fun change and Rob knows what he is talking about, hence his suggestions are sound. You will be on the way to a full quiver before you know it.
If you go over to Whistler there is a manufacturers tent up on the mountain where you can try anything you fancy for half days. Great instructors too. But its a bit of a trek.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy