Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arriving at GVA T2 - Picking up Rental Car

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For our trip to Val d'Isere in March 16 I'm flying on a Jet2 charter that arrives in to T2 at GVA. For various reasons I've decided to hire a car and got a good deal from Hertz. I'm familiar with the process at T1 i.e. Rental Desk in T1 then bus to P51 to collect the car. I've looked on the GVA website but can find no mention of car rental desks at T2. Does this mean I'd have to get from T2 to T1 and then back to P51? IIRC T2 is just behind P51 so is it possible to go directly from T2 to P51?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know the answer for sure in terms of rental offices but I'd be surprised if there was anything in T2, there is not a lot there but its only a short walk back to the car rental desks.
In terms of luggage you can take it straight across if there is more than one of you. One to go to the rental desk and pick up keys. The car park is just across the road and down the lift.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@T Bar, there are 2 of us; me and my 8 year old. Very Happy One option could be to go from T2 to P51 and leave the bags with Hertz while going to the rental desks in T1.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.gva.ch/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-60/

Looking at the bottom of the page they must all be within 200 yards of each other ??

Let us know how you get on as i may be in the same boat but with a 15 year old son .Just to decide Car or transfer to flaine
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gaza wrote:
@T Bar, there are 2 of us; me and my 8 year old. Very Happy One option could be to go from T2 to P51 and leave the bags with Hertz while going to the rental desks in T1.

Sounds sensible, as above it is only about 200m away and a bit of a leg stretch after the flight is no bad idea, there is a shuttle bus if the weather is foul but I never use it as the walk is welcome after the flight.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's really not far to walk if you have a trolley - about 300m from T2 to T1 and then the same distance back to P51. GVA airport trolley's take chf2 or eur2 coins. Maybe a 10p piece would also work.

When you say you could leave your bags in P51, I park there quite regularly and I really can't remember ever seeing any kind of office there, though maybe I missed it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snoozeboy wrote:

When you say you could leave your bags in P51, I park there quite regularly and I really can't remember ever seeing any kind of office there, though maybe I missed it.

Every company I have used has a wee return office in the carpark who check over the car when you return it and who you can report scratches and dents to on collection.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@snoozeboy, europcar definitely have an office. I've been in it. But that doesn't mean Hertz do. Laughing I'm there in a couple of weeks (renting from europcar ) so I'll look to see what Hertz have.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hertz have an office in P51 which is nearly always open and staffed. It's on the main road side, i.e. the furthest side from T2, the same side that the shuttle bus drops you on. Ground floor.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I stand corrected. If Hertz has an office at P51, then why are we talking about T1? Smile

P51 is across the road from T2. Problem solved.

S
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@snoozeboy, The office is usually a small affair where they sort out returns and things but don't deal directly with the paperwork and keys.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've had a reply from Hertz at GVA. No option to collect the keys at T2 or the Returns office but I can leave my bags there while I go to T1 to pick up the keys.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Top tip. 2 pence piece works on trolley at GVA. So cheap you don't mind leaving it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any coin you use is free of charge if you put the trolley in a collection point which is hardly difficult. Bit like putting litter in a bin instead of messing up the environment for everyone else.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy