Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School recommendations in Les Arcs 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Long time lurker here! Can anybody recommend a particular ski school in Les Arcs 1800 or indeed any to avoid? We are just looking for a couple of private 2 hour lessons.
We've had lessons with ESF in La Plagne and though I know they are not people's favourites, we did not have any issues.
Any help gratefully received.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bethc, a friend of mine has recently set up a ski school in Les Arcs. He's a great instructor and fun to ski with and I'm sure he would provide excellent private lessons for you. His website is www.ski-aim.com If you contact him mention that Rob from Inside Out Skiing recommended him and he might be able to offer a small discount on his regular rates.

For the large ski schools in Arc 1800 you have a choice of ESF or Arc Adventures. I don't think there's much to choose between them, but if you have specific requirements (such as an instructor who speaks good English) make sure you mention this when booking.

You also have the choice of New Generation, another British run ski school in the resort. They are based in Vallandry rather than Arc 1800, but might be able to meet you in in 1800 if you ask. All their guys are good, and I especially rate John and Ali.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for JP as rob@rar says - personally vouch for him!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les Arcs is the one resort we have skied in where I would recommend ESF.... Always been good. New Gen been good too.... But also been inflexible re booking on their courses there (refused to take my kids!).... Hubby had good private lessons but def had to head to Vallandry
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rob@rar, @Steve Angus, haha - I was just about to recommend JP too - then realised you'd already tagged his new ski school.
Well no harm in putting "+2" I guess!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all for the recommendations. Sadly the main recommendation is already booked out for the week we are there but will bear in mind if we go back to Les Arcs. Thanks again.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy