Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for group to join - accommodation etc. - January to March 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there!

I'm looking to take a month long holiday, snowboarding in France/Austria/Canada (or anywhere else really!) between January to March 2016. If there are any others in a similar boat, or are looking to find another guy to fill a place, then please get in touch.

I'm a 26 year old bloke, looking to take a break from my Engineering job, can't be bothered with Chalet work, just want to have a good laugh and get some serious snowboarding done.

Cheers!

Quentin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Quentin
I'm considering doing 3 weeks - 1 month around 9th Jan.
What do you think accommodation costs will be?

I'm 42 and can hold my own on a snowboard and love the off piste / powder. I don't mind a few apres beers, but I'm there for the snow.

There will be comedy value as well........

Quinton
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are happy to just join others for a week I've posted some cheap/good options on another thread. Reply on there if you are interested. Sam
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You don't mention your budget but if you're looking at Canada you're not on a shoestring...
So, can you stretch to 5 weeks? 3 weeks in 3 different Italian villages then 2 in Japan? snowHead
Mission begins 16th Jan...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quentin and Quinton please go together that would be an hilarious introduction Puzzled
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

Quinton and Quentin would make for an interesting combo!

My budget for the month would be around 2k.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@admin,

How many people would you be going with? I could stretch to five weeks. Nothing is set in stone yet. I'd love to go somewhere like Japan.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wk1 Livigno about 30 people
Wk2 Alleghe about 50 people
Wk3 Arabba about 100 people (There will be cake)
WK4-5 The Japlan 4-6 people

We'll get between the first 3 via the snowHeads BU5 4 DUB
part van - part sound system - part ski-locker/boot room
snowHead
Actually, between 2 and 3 you can go by board but your bags will go via BU5 4 DUB.

Budget-wise: I know £1500 (give or take a beers+lunches) can cover the first 3 weeks as we've done them before.
The Japlan costs are less certain as it's a new mission: we're guestimating a £1500 budget as the flights will be around £500.

Custard the Rabbit and I will doing the full 5. 2 or 3 others will be doing the first 3. About 25 are doing weeks 2+3 Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@admin, that is a hell of a lot of people! Is this all being organised on snowheads? Where can I get more info?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

@admin, that is a hell of a lot of people! Is this all being organised on snowheads? Where can I get more info?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewforum.php?f=31
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Laughing Yes, obviously the whole point is to facilitate my ski habit but I hate to say "No" to people so groups tend to grow Wink

Some of the weeks have been going for a few years (which is how come they've grown so much) so a lot of the organisation has been done before.

The Livigno week was done for the first time last year.
Alleghe is new
and technically full but I have a wee bit of wriggle room for a couple of people if they're doing the Birthday Bash too Wink
but the locals are so helpful and friendly, it's been a breeze to sort out compared to some!
The Arabba one is the Birthday Bash - snowHeads' 12th Birthday snowHead (which is why there will be cake)

As Dr Rock points out, all the details of those are in the snowEvents forum.
The Japlan is not in a written form as yet - but that doesn't make it less real, just less well known Wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin wrote:
Budget-wise: I know £1500 (give or take a beers+lunches) can cover the first 3 weeks as we've done them before.
The Japlan costs are less certain as it's a new mission: we're guestimating a £1500 budget as the flights will be around £500.

Ooh, I hope that the mission is a success and becomes a fixture of the sH season. Like many others Japan is somewhere I'd love to go....although I will need to improve significantly to get the most out of it.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
[quote="admin"]Wk1 Livigno about 30 people
Wk2 Alleghe about 50 people
Wk3 Arabba about 100 people (There will be cake)
WK4-5 The Japlan 4-6 people

We'll get between the first 3 via the snowHeads BU5 4 DUB
part van - part sound system - part ski-locker/boot room
snowHead
Actually, between 2 and 3 you can go by board but your bags will go via BU5 4 DUB.

Custard the Rabbit and I will doing the full 5. 2 or 3 others will be doing the first 3. About 25 are doing weeks 2+3 Shocked[/quote

I think Japan should be done in the bus too that way you get to ski Siberia on the transfer days Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
One other thing, I'd still call my self a beginner at snowboarding.. will there be a mixed bunch of levels going on these "bashes"? Trying to find more info on these but I'm struggling to navigate round the forums..
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JAPLAN? JAPOW! Why did I not know about this? THis has thrown my plans into disarray!!!!
ski holidays
@quentin, worry not about ability levels, there are always people of all abilities on bashes - @admin has even started running bashes for people who haven't skiied before, the MYSASHBASH
ski holidays
Every bash has a full range of abilities
Some are skilled at skiing or boarding but relative novices when it comes to sitting around in mountain bars. Others are Schuss in Boots.
and ages
Last year we had an age range of 18 - 83!
except, of course, for the Off-Piste Bash which sets a specific minimum ability level.

What's your problem with navigation?
If you want a list of forums, click the snowHeads logo at the top of the page.
All the Bashes are 'Announcements' at the top of the snowEvents forum.
The 3 I mentioned above are:
Livigno: The MYaSHBash
Alleghe: The PreBBWUW
Arabba: The Birthday Bash (S12BB)
snow conditions
@admin,
Awesome Madeye-Smiley thanks for your help!
snow report
Hey @quentin,

i'm pretty much in exactly the same boat as you!
27 & taking a month off from the Engineering job for January to go snowboarding. I'd say i'm a medium level snowboarder, happy on any pisted runs and looking to get more off piste riding and/or park riding under my belt.

What's your plans looking like so far?

Just starting to look more at getting locations set. The bashes sounds ideal.
i'm hoping to stretch the time to include the first week in Feb now to make the birthday bash and then make at least one of the other 2 bashes (if there's space).

I'm half looking at trying to do a bit of a tour at the start of Jan stopping 3-4 resorts over 2 weeks and ending up in Italy for the bashes. No logistic plans yet (car?, coach routes?)
I'm hoping early/mid Jan should be fairly quiet and easy to find last minute accom.
Or if i'm my own trying to jump in on holidays that fit my rough route. If you want join the plans e-mail me jb2244@live.com.

Also if there is anybody else out there who wants to join/help/offer holiday vacancies, then all is appreciated.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy