Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telemark - Rottefella Freedom NTN Heel Block Position

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm mounting a set of Freedom NTN Large bindings and have downloaded the paper jig from Rottefella.
Boot sole length is 306mm, so as expected the heel point is between the 300 and 310mm screw markings on the paper jig. The front mounting and support plate positions are fine.
I guess I should interpolate the 300 and 310mm positions and mount the heel block at the 306mm point? I am pretty sure that a jig would do this once set to the BSL.
Can anyone confirm?
Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd just do what I've always done --- mount the toe piece, insert the boot and draw around the heel !
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ski wrote:
I'd just do what I've always done --- mount the toe piece, insert the boot and draw around the heel !

OK - and where do you mount the heel block in relation to the drawn heel line?? I guess that when the heel lifters are raised, the end is in the centre of the heel??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@colinstone, I have the back of the heel at the back of the heel block (more or less) -- I don't think you need to be too exact --- you can of course check by raising the heel block and aligning with the boot heel before drilling
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ski, +1 Always ignore the template for the rear mount.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyone have any experience of mounting NTN Freerides over Dynafit Radical tech bindings with or without QuiverKillers? Any clashes, only really worried about the front?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On both Freedom and Freeride the front 2 holes are too close to the 2 front holes of the dynafit (on Freedom I think that there is about a 9mm separation IIRC. Freeride is similar.)

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 6-01-16 23:34; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BenA, thanks. Techs are mounted 20mm back so I could go for a central mount on Freerides without conflict?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can definitely work something out (particularly given that you can shift NTN +/- 14mm on the plate.)

Is your freeride the newer mount pattern (38mm wide) same as the Freedom or the older (30mm wide) pattern with the metal plates?

Assuming the older one then your NTN holes should be the same width as the dynafit (30mm). If you move your NTN forward so that the middle set of holes lines up with the rear dynafit toepiece holes so that you resuse them then you should find that the front and rear holes are clear and you will be about 17 mm forward of the dynafit mount. As your dynafit is -20mm that should put your NTN just behind centre.

If you prefer your rearward mount then you can use the rear setting on the NTN which will put you back 14mm so you will be close to the dynafit position.

Edited for correctness!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy